Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Polar FT7 Heart Rate Monitor Watch

I was thinking about purchasing this but the strap size has me kind of puzzled. It only offers XXL which is 30-45 inches. My chest size is 47 3/4 inches. I measured just above my nipples for chest size however in the picture it shows the guy strapping it around below his chest so I measured that area and it's 46 1/4 inches. Should I risk it and buy it and hope it fits and expect it to fit super tightly but able to adjust it as I lose weight or am I forced to buy a separate XXXL strap which I can only use a short time.

Also, if anyone has this HRM, are you satisfied with it and what are your experiences with it?

Replies

• Diet_Soda
    Diet_Soda Posts: 124 Member
    The strap is worn below the nipple line. You could always order it and see how it fits. I have the FT7 and love It.
  • tmaree2
    tmaree2 Posts: 37 Member
    its a great watch, I have it. the strap is adjustable and its ok for it to stretch to fit.
  • janer4jc
    janer4jc Posts: 238 Member
    If it were me I would get one of each. When I bought mine I also ordered an extra strap. They just happened to both be the same size.
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    its a great watch, I have it. the strap is adjustable and its ok for it to stretch to fit.

I agree!!!
  • blackcloud13
    blackcloud13 Posts: 654 Member
    I got one about 2 months ago. It's great so far. Seems accurate and consistent, and syncs well with my phone apps. A clear Buy recommendation. Hopefully, the strap wont be a problem for long
  • LiveLoveLift67
    LiveLoveLift67 Posts: 895 Member
    My husband has this model and he loves it. Been using it for years. However , his chest is probably a bit bigger than yours and what we did was get a piece of elastic and just safety pinned it to the strap to give it some extra length. Works fine.
  • DterMined2012
    DterMined2012 Posts: 540 Member
    I got one about 2 months ago. It's great so far. Seems accurate and consistent, and syncs well with my phone apps. A clear Buy recommendation. Hopefully, the strap wont be a problem for long
    I didn't know my FT7 would sync to my phone....got check this out!!
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    I have the FT4 - same as the FT7 without the connectivity to the Polar site. I had the same worry about the chest strap fitting but I didn't have any problems at all.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    The strap is worn where a woman would have the bottom of her bra band. The strap is stretchy so I'm sure it will fit.
  • Thanks guys, I'll just order it as is!
  • Lamaa11
    Lamaa11 Posts: 5 Member
    Does the basic FT7 heart rate monitor links with you phone app? How does that work - which phone? Do you need any additional device?

thanks
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    I just bought one today. The strap is a bit uncomfortable but I will use it for workouts only because I want accuracy for calories burned, so I'm sure I'll get used to it. The strap is adjustable as well, and it was so easy to set up the watch.

I did an experiment and wore it while I did some light housecleaning for about 30 minutes. According to my heart rate, which wasn't that high, I burned 70 calories. At least I know how to use it and how it works, so tomorrow I will use it for my workout at the gym.
  • spinedocmfp
    spinedocmfp Posts: 109 Member
    I think you will be fine with the included strap. I have 43" chest and I have to tighten in to fit, so your 46" should be fine.