Should I do recovery week of insanity?

Options
Hi.

I just finished month 1 of insanity and I don't know if I should skip recovery week. So here's the thing: I have skipped many days of insanity in month one, and maybe even 2 weeks in total! I don't know of I should do recovery week due to the loss time or if I should due it because it's good for your body. What happens during recovery week physically? And any thoughts of I should skip it or not?

Thank you

Replies

• xXBiGbOiiiXx
    Options
    Bump
  • KateK8LoseW8
    KateK8LoseW8 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Start over and do it properly. You aren't going to be ready for month 2 if you skipped half of month 1.
  • maasha81
    maasha81 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I actually just restarted insanity as I was sick for approx a week. Usually if I miss a day, I do the workout the following day. I'd prob start over if I were you.
  • xXBiGbOiiiXx
    Options
    Start over and do it properly. You aren't going to be ready for month 2 if you skipped half of month 1.

I don't know I still feel stronger and I can handle the workouts a lot better than when I first started. I would probably have the same problem of I started over again. Sometimes I skip workouts because I just don't have the time.
  • maasha81
    maasha81 Posts: 733 Member
    Options

I don't know I still feel stronger and I can handle the workouts a lot better than when I first started. I would probably have the same problem of I started over again. Sometimes I skip workouts because I just don't have the time.

You don't do the workouts you skipped?. Shaun T always recommends you do and if you miss a week straight, he advises that you start over at least that week or the program. I'd do the cardio recovery at least instead of jumping straight into month 2.

Interview with Shaun T:

http://youtu.be/aBMY2jnsbaQ
  • xXBiGbOiiiXx
    Options
    Lol I do the workouts I missed but I have gotten so far into the program and I don't really wanna start over
  • KateK8LoseW8
    KateK8LoseW8 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Well, do what you want then.