Men only...how hard is withdrawal, really?

Options

Replies

• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Generally withdrawal leads to the frivolous wasting of liquid assets. A woman who values liquid assets and truly understands their value will rarely sign off on releasing them from the bank's vault. If she does, something stronger than an oral agreement is often required to satiate the demand for a second form of income. That's really what men hesitate over when withdrawing, is the fear needing a second (or third!) income stream.

I see. That makes a lot of sense. Too bad I can often be a little short sighted and tend to live in the now moment.
  • jaysonhijinx
    jaysonhijinx Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about that. There'll be plenty of money coming out when the withdrawal happens. Just hope it doesn't go everywhere.

Wow so many generous men on this thread. I like to see that people who know how to manage their money can be very confident about how it will be spent and can feel trusting and spendy with it.

13448394_l.jpg

from http://laughingsquid.com/servers-react-to-a-surprise-200-tip/

You gotta display some patience though. Can't do another transaction straight away. Need some time for the account to get topped up otherwise the next withdrawal may only be for a really small amount. Can't do much with that.
  • mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    Options
    Yep, what's important is to have balance in the relationship. My wife loves ice cream, I love pie. We go together often very well, just like most spenders and savers do. She never wastes the liquid assets.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    Yep, what's important is to have balance in the relationship. My wife loves ice cream, I love pie. We go together often very well, just like most spenders and savers do. She never wastes the liquid assets.

This might explain why my husband and I get along so well. We balance each other out. One of us is a spender and the other more of a saver. He does admit to enjoy the happiness and smile on my face when I'm spending all the money all over the place though. Especially when I splurge on a new lip gloss.
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    it's hard to do for some
  • jaysonhijinx
    Options
    Time to shutdown this account now that the withdrawals are completed :P
  • HaileyMarieOlson
    Options
    SO. MANY. INNUENDOS.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    I mostly use Internet banking.
  • jaysonhijinx
    Options
    SO. MANY. INNUENDOS.

In your end-o.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    roJcGbv.gif
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options

A lot of guys do nowadays, because of the easy access. Before the internet guys had to go find an atm in the street.
  • Satiable
    Satiable Posts: 121
    Options

A lot of guys do nowadays, because of the easy access. Before the internet guys had to go find an atm in the street.
    Doesn't that get awkward, trying to complete your withdrawal in a hurry when there are other people lining up to use the ATM, and hoping none of them can see your PIN code?
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options

Doesn't that get awkward, trying to complete your withdrawal in a hurry when there are other people lining up to use the ATM, and hoping none of them can see your PIN code?

Normally you are in the car or try to cover the ATM with your body so no one else can see. Or find an ATM in a motel.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options

And not even gonna start to go down the road of the germs on the keyboard. Imagine how many fingers touch those keys or how many germs may be on the slot you insert your card in? I mean there's just not enough hand sanitizer gel for that is there?
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    IDK something about a full deposit that feels pretty good.

Plus I once heard that when a deposit is full and interacts with the lining in the bank account that it contains feel good hormones that make you happy and with withdraw you don't get that effect.

The savings effect the more you save the better you feel.
  • hikezilla
    hikezilla Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I don't have a debit card, an ATM card, and only one credit card.

I can not be trusted with mechanized withdrawal capability.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options

Plus I once heard that when a deposit is full and interacts with the lining in the bank account that it contains feel good hormones that make you happy and with withdraw you don't get that effect.

I'm not sure this is true because as I recall most banks have a one day hold on large deposits. So they never really get into your account until much much later and I beleive it is not as dramatic as your transaction at the teller window might make it seem. I beleive it's computerized and automated and on the whole rather uneventful.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    I don't have a debit card, an ATM card, and only one credit card.

I can not be trusted with mechanized withdrawal capability.

Awww =-(. Have you ever thought of keeping your money in your mattress?
  • mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    Options

I'm not sure this is true because as I recall most banks have a one day hold on large deposits. So they never really get into your account until much much later and I beleive it is not as dramatic as your transaction at the teller window might make it seem. I beleive it's computerized and automated and on the whole rather uneventful.

Or maybe you've just had tellers that aren't into their jobs. My teller is typically thrilled to see me, she'll take me deep inside the corridors and into the furthest reaches of the vault if in there for a large deposit, and then tells me how nice it was to be of service to me. Honestly, there's been times I've brought back second and third deposits in the same day simply because her customer service is second to none. I've been a loyal customer for years and yet she always treats me like a first time visitor.

I'm a much bigger fan of deposit than withdrawal, and her reactions indicate she feels the same. There always a pang of disappointment in her face when I say I need to withdraw funds. Even if I offer to spread it around and include her, she's a true banker at heart. It simply makes her happiest to receive a large bundle of liquid assets.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options

Or maybe you've just had tellers that aren't into their jobs. My teller is typically thrilled to see me, she'll take me deep inside the corridors and into the furthest reaches of the vault if in there for a large deposit, and then tells me how nice it was to be of service to me. Honestly, there's been times I've brought back second and third deposits in the same day simply because her customer service is second to none. I've been a loyal customer for years and yet she always treats me like a first time visitor.

I'm a much bigger fan of deposit than withdrawal, and her reactions indicate she feels the same. There always a pang of disappointment in her face when I say I need to withdraw funds. Even if I offer to spread it around and include her, she's a true banker at heart. It simply makes her happiest to receive a large bundle of liquid assets.

Ya, no. I'm fairly certain that unless it's the day for the armored transport guys to get the moneys out; the vault is quite shut. I think I remember this from my days as a teller. Our armored transport guy was named...and I kid you not....Tom.
This discussion has been closed.