Huge calorie intake TDEE help!!!

Options
Hey all, im having trouble with a TDEE calculator, ive heard that to gradually lose weight you use a TDEE calculator then take 10 percent off the calorie intake..

BUT!! because im so "big" my TDEE states i burn 5635 calories with exercising 3-5 times a week, that means i have to eat over 5000 calories still.

I cant eat that much, i didnt eat that much at my worst weight.

Can someone else shed some light on this, my stats are 205kg 6ft4 male 30 years old, and exercising 3-5 times a week.

Thankyou in advance,

Replies

• sunsetzen
    sunsetzen Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    At higher weights TDEE - 20-30% is fairly normal. At 20%, your calorie intake including exercise would be 4508. At 30%, 3944.5. So, eat between 3944 and 4508 for a while and adjust as necessary.

This is the one I used: http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
  • 10manda86
    10manda86 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Work out your TDEE at a zero exercise and movement level and then take 20% off... that way you can eat back all those exercise calories you have earned and still be eating less than your body requires for everyday living... that's what I did and I lost 5kg in a month and I am never hungry because exercise helps curb my appetite. Best of luck xx

Based on the info you have given i would eat 3490 per day. When you exercise, log it and you can eat back your exercise calories if you want. If you eat fresh fruit and veggies and whole foods you will find day's where it is difficult to eat as much as they want you too... perhaps even taking a protein shake with milk will help you recover after exercise.
  • grimmaster1983
    Options
    ah brilliant, thankyou i will try and raise my calorie intake, and lower as i lose weight,

thankyou again :)
  • Chiefkeef420
    Options
    Sub in whey for extra calories.
  • gigglesinthesun
    gigglesinthesun Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    there was also a suggestion in a similar thread that for very large people it would be better to determine the body fat % and use the Katch-McArdle formula to determine your TDEE.

http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/

However, I only remember that, I have no proof that one is better then another.