28, over 100 lbs to lose, looking for friends

Options
Hi There! I'm Jen and I'm trying to get down to my goal weight for my thirtieth birthday.

I've tried MFP before but haven't really been motivated, but I've been doing it faithfully for almost 10 days now and I don't know how I ever found this hard. I love it!

I'm gluten-free and limit dairy and rice. I try to eat clean most of the time but I don't forbid myself from having food I love, either.

I have a pretty positive outlook (no self-hate here!) and am looking for others to encourage and for them to encourage me.

Looking forward to going on this journey with you! :smile:

Edited to add: I have my diary open for friends!

Replies

• lidybug1984
    lidybug1984 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hello- We're similar in age and goals! I had a good bit of luck with MFP in 2012 and lost 80lbs... since I've struggled and have gained back about 20 of it. I'm ready to really lose it all before my 30th birthday as well!!! Good luck to you :)
  • dshields2013
    Options
    Hi Jen! I'm trying to lose 100 pounds before my anniversary next October. I lose weight slowly, so I know it will take a year to lose it. I swear it is harder to drop the weight after 40. Are you gluten free because of celiacs disease? How long have you done it. I tried and lasted 2 days. Have you lost weight on that? Just curious...

I wish you much luck and I like your positive attitude. Keep that up!!! It does no good to have any self pity or to hate yourself. I've been there, done that and it doesn't make the weight come off. :smile:
  • julieannezen
    julieannezen Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I am also gluten-free and lactose intolerant although I do have some dairy in my diet because I am used to it. I just became mostly gluten-free two weeks ago. You can do it! You will do a great job. Free free to add me. :)
  • hcobb33
    hcobb33 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm Heather - also 28, also with about 100 lbs to lose. Looking for positive friends to share the journey with.
  • BennettV72
    Options
    @lidybug1984 Nice to meet you! Glad to be friends and I know you'll be successful as well in hitting your goal.

@dsheilds2013 It's great to have realistic goals, isn't it? :smile: I'm gluten free because of an allergy to wheat. It's not nearly as dramatic as Celiac's (I don't have to worry about cross contamination, thank GOODNESS) but having wheat makes my joints hurt badly and sleepy (and grouchy, according to my poor hubbs) for a few days after. I can't say that I've lost weight not eating wheat because a lot of the gluten-free bread-ish products are so high in calories, comparatively. I guess because they're so much denser? But now I'm trying to avoid rice as well to prevent insulin spikes, so that means a lot of those substitutes are out for me. I feel much more energetic without the wheat, so that's good enough for me! I've been GF for about 4 months.
  • jewelleestone
    jewelleestone Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 34 and I've lost 40 pounds so far with help from mfp
  • shortyaep73
    Options
    Hello, Jen. I too am trying to lose over 100 lbs. I have 117 to really go. I have already lost 100 lbs. so far. I' really don't have a goal to when I want to lose it by. But I really hope by next Christmas(2014) I have a lot of medical problems that prevent me from really doing a lot of exercise and I get really upset when It doesn't seem to come off that fast. I join MFP to help me through that point. If you want you can add me as a friend so we can support each other.
  • MrsJGatsby
    MrsJGatsby Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm 27 and have the same goal/time frame as you. I was on MFP about a year ago but got lazy (story of my life!) and gave up. But I'm here a while now and it's great. Would love some new friends with a similar positive outlook. :smile: