Replies

• Mborroto25
    Mborroto25 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    bump
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    I LOVE to cook. I honestly get most of my ideas from Pinterest. I plan out my meal list for the week while on the Pinterest food boards. We don't eat the same thing twice in 3-4 weeks. I'm always making new recipes!!!! If you don't have an account, you should definitely check it out. Millions of ideas on there.
  • Morgaath
    Morgaath Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Subway - 6" Flatbread, Ham, Egg White, Pepperjack, Spinach, Onion, Gr Peppers, Banana Peppers -- 370 cals (Carbs 42, Pro 23, Fat 12 --- lots of sodium)
    Easy, fast, and cheap, when on the road, or on the way to the office. I normally buy a footlong and have half for breakfast, half for lunch.
  • bonjovi27
    bonjovi27 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Lazy mans pasta!

Take some pasta, I usually use half a serving, and put in a pot with carrots, onions, spinach, bell peppers, cauliflower an what ever other vegetables you fancy. Add a stock cube, or other seasoning, possibly with a tin of tomatoes, boil, and voila! Can also add protein, like chopped chicken fillets, or a can of tuna.
    Takes basically no time, just chopping some veg (unless you use frozen!), and is a good filling meal with lots of vitamins :D
    This is always my go-to meal when I don't have much time, or I'm not feeling creative :D
    Enjoy!
  • Karissa_Clohan
    Karissa_Clohan Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Bump, this thread is perfect!
  • juttakristen3
    juttakristen3 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    The baked pumpkin (scroll up) sounds as if it can become my favourite
  • TrialAndPear
    TrialAndPear Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My favourite lazy breakfast is to make overnight oats. It takes hardly any time, and you just mix everything before you go to bed, pop it in the fridge, and breakfast is ready for you in the morning! It's just over 300 calories without any toppings, but even adding half a banana and some berries or granola only brings it up to 400 cal.

1/2 cup steel cut or rolled oats (I use gluten free)
    1/2 cup milk of your choice (I use unsweetened vanilla almond milk)
    1/2 cup greek yogurt in a flavour of your choosing (I use non-fat)

Mix all three ingredients in a bowl before you go to bed, cover and refrigerate. They just need a quick stir in the morning and a delicious topping or two (try fresh fruit or granola). Add 2-3 drops of stevia if you prefer sweeter breakfasts. Done!
  • shan_0517
    shan_0517 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    bump
  • charycedm1
    charycedm1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Wow, this sounds amazing! I can't wait to try it.
  • cindyfry12
    Options
    What is bump?
  • MrsBingley
    Options
    This is small, because the foods are energy dense, but I find the flavor combo satisfying:
    6 triscuts topped with 1 oz brie cut into 6 bits.
    Eat with 5 dried figs
    Wash down with fresh brewed coffee to which you've added 1/4 good egg nog

Or:
    Toast an English muffin,
    Put on a scrambled egg (use only 1 pat's worth of butter) and a slice of 3x calcium American cheese and one slice of regular thickness bacon, cooked well.
    That's about 300 cals exactly
    Eat with 100 cals of your favorite fresh fruit and/or veggies and some iced water with lime (or no lime, but I like lime)
  • cherryberryred0
    cherryberryred0 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Acai bowls

blend 2 unsweetned acai smoothie packs, half a banana, add a little apple juice, coconut water or any milk, then top it with anything you want. I top it with strawberries, blueberries, coconut flakes and granola.

http://sambazon.com/recipe_types/bowls/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/03/acai-bowl_n_3783030.html
  • bdubs125
    bdubs125 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kbeardmore22
    kbeardmore22 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    bump
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Curried Carrot Soup

Boil about a pound of chopped carrots and a full chopped onion in 2 cups of chicken stock, add salt, pepper, and a little curry to taste. I also put in a dash of crushed red pepper flakes to give it a nice kick. Once soft, puree in a food processor until smooth (don't burn yourself, make sure that processor lid is sealed tight, the stuff is HOT, ask me how I know this). You can top with a little sour cream, and voila! So delicious. I don't remember the exact calorie count on it, but you could stuff yourself on it before getting anywhere near 400 cals. The leftovers freeze very well, and I think even taste better once thawed and reheated, because it gives the spices time to flower better.
  • DeeKayElle
    DeeKayElle Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    A product I like, if you haven't discovered it, are Oroweat Whole Wheat Sandwich Thins. There are other similar products. They're only 100 calories. They are buns that are split in half. They're handy to freeze and can be defrosted by toasting. You can fill them with almost anything, as long as it's lean, and easily end up with a sandwich under 250 calories. I use chicken with a bit of lowfat mayo, super-thin sliced cheese, and all kinds of vegies. I also make crab cake sandwiches for a treat and sometimes fried egg and mustard sandwiches.
  • jlitsey0617
    Options
    Bump