Drinks with calories in them are a waste!

Options
13»

Replies

• twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Considering that you're only eating 1,430 calories per day, I can see why 111 calories would be a deal breaker for you.

I kindly suggest that you reassess your calorie goal.

Maybe the OP put his goals into MFP and this is what the output was?

When I first started on this website my goal was 1200 cals a day...I lost weight...I have been maintaining for nearly a year after learning about the calorific content of foods and the benefits of exercise.

Sometimes, we need to go to basics to help in the long run?

Maybe, but I kinda doubt it. He's still trying to lose around 50lbs and 1400ish calories is low for any typical male. If he doesn't want to eat more than that, then that is fine, his body his choice, but I still wouldn't feel right unless I suggested he take a look at it and reassess.

I am sure the OP will take on board all the suggestions :smile:
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I disagree because wine.

</thread>
  • Gee_24
    Gee_24 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I LOVE tea. Before mfp Id have cups and cups a day and not think about the calories.

So i switched to 2 sugars and now have 3-4 cups a day. Using up to 200 calories every day just for tea.

Totally worth it.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    A small portion of my calories is set aside purely to satisfy my emotional needs. Sometimes that is cocoa, sometimes a glass of wine. Denying these small pleasures would cause my whole plan to derail.
  • MichMunchkin
    MichMunchkin Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Is it just me that thinks its somewhat arrogant to say what is a waste and what isn't? Provided I meet my nutritional needs and consume a moderate deficit, I'll eat and drink what I like.

Nope, it's definitely not just you.
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Said no beer drinker ever
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Yea. Um. No.

That's dandy that you don't want to drink any calories, but for those of us who enjoy our beer and whiskey, not to mention our whole milk, that just isn't going to fly.

What matters for weight loss is eating less than you burn. How you get there really doesn't matter so long as you hit your nutritional needs.
  • mrsamanda86
    mrsamanda86 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    My girly delicious coffee from Starbucks is never a waste lol
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    I was just given a Cappuccino (Cappuccino, Skim Milk, 1 Sugar, 1 Mug (275ml) then I logged it, and to my shock, 111 calories!

It's just not worth it, I could of used those 111 calories on good solid food, I think for now I just stick to my water, green tea, and coke zeros. Drinking anything else just uses up calories and would probably make you very hungry because you have less room for food.

I don't even log my daily coffee. I use flavored grounds ( pumpkin spice currently), 1 sweetener, and about 1/4 cup of unsweetened almond milk. It comes out to no more than 45 calories per cup. The sad thing is, a few weeks ago I paid $4 for a 450 calorie pumpkin spice latte at starbucks that didn't taste much different than my homemade brew! That is something I won't be repeating very often!
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    To me they aren't.... I drink coconut water every day. I wouldn't drink zero calorie "tea."
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Margaritas are always worth the calories. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

After a race I ran on Cinco De Mayo and you got a beer and a margarita for running. The margarita was clearly 99% sour mix that may have seen some tequila in a book once. That was NOT worth the calories. I had to go find a good margarita after that...
  • adorable_aly
    adorable_aly Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    You'd have to pry my mug if tea out of my cold dead hands!!
    Yes I'm English, yes I'm the quintessential stereotype. Sorry not sorry.

But um wine, vodka, rum, lemon Chello.