Jillian michaels water detox

Options
I'm curious if anyone has tried Jillian Michaels' water detox?
If you have, was it beneficial?
Does it help reduce bloating and water weight?
Any input, suggestions or comments are more than welcome!

From what I researched you should eat properly while drinking the water. There is no way I would want to deprive my body of natural nutrients and just drink this water for 7 days haha!

For those of you who are curious what the water detox is, here is some information:

http://www.ehow.com/how_4663459_jillian-michaels-detox-water.html

Replies

• Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Totally not funny, someone might actually try this.
  • metallagirl
    Options
    I've never heard of this. Curious as to what others say.
  • therealkittymao
    therealkittymao Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I did it! It's not bad, it tastes like bitter tea. You drink like 64 oz a day, I think? I drink a LOT of water every day so it wasn't a problem for me. You do it WHILE eating a balanced diet, it's not intended to be a fast. I did it right when I started watching calories and working out in September last year. I didn't notice a lot of change in my body from the drink, honestly, but the ingredients are healthy and I didn't mind the taste, so it was basically just some extra hydration.
  • itsjustpaper28686
    Options
    My sister and I did the Lemonade cleanse a few months ago. Cleanses like this are not for losing weight. Yes, we lost 8-10 pounds each but we both gained it back in the next two weeks. I used it as a kick start to my new diet and weight loss journey because I knew from the beginning I would most likely gain everything back.
  • Lona728
    Lona728 Posts: 105
    Options
    I did it! It's not bad, it tastes like bitter tea. You drink like 64 oz a day, I think? I drink a LOT of water every day so it wasn't a problem for me. You do it WHILE eating a balanced diet, it's not intended to be a fast. I did it right when I started watching calories and working out in September last year. I didn't notice a lot of change in my body from the drink, honestly, but the ingredients are healthy and I didn't mind the taste, so it was basically just some extra hydration.

Did it feel like it was cleaning you out? Or did it affect you like plain water?
  • Puddykat1026
    Puddykat1026 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Funny, I never heard of it either, but then I heard about it twice today. You are supposed to drink it as well as have meals from what I understand. That is supposed to last 7 days & you are supposed to drink 64 oz of water a day so it's impossible to make it last for 7 days without having water as well.

All this does is help remove excess water bloat in your system. Personally, I'd take the water bloat & spend my time working the fat off & gaining muscle mass.

Note the comments people made on this page. They've tried this recipe: http://makemebeautifulblog.blogspot.com/2007/12/jillian-michaels-cranberry-drink-recipe.html
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    FYI: Dandelion is a natural diuretic

If you're consuming adequate amount of water everyday this is no need for this garbage
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options

If you're consuming adequate amount of water everyday this is no need for this garbage
    This.
  • Gioooo
    Gioooo Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    This looks completely unnecessary..
  • onedayillbamilf
    onedayillbamilf Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    What?! Why?....no!
  • mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I'm really not sure why someone would do this. Regular water does the same thing!
  • jlrem86
    jlrem86 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it right now started wensday and been lossing every day since I started it, lossing 0.5-.0.9 per day. I'm eating a blanced diet and my normal water intake.
  • Admiral_Derp
    Admiral_Derp Posts: 866 Member
    Options

Truth!
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    My sister and I did the Lemonade cleanse a few months ago. Cleanses like this are not for losing weight. Yes, we lost 8-10 pounds each but we both gained it back in the next two weeks. I used it as a kick start to my new diet and weight loss journey because I knew from the beginning I would most likely gain everything back.

http://lemonadedietrecipe.org/

NO NO NO

Here is why you shouldn't deprive your body of food on this scam of a "cleanse"

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/851582-master-cleanse-aka-lemonade-diet-my-30-day-story
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    I used it as a kick start to my new diet and weight loss journey because I knew from the beginning I would most likely gain everything back.

What?

Why waste your time on something that you admit will be completely pointless?

Instead of "kick starting" my diet, I just followed the MFP program. And guess what? I didn't gain back 8-10 pounds.
  • Admiral_Derp
    Admiral_Derp Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    I used it as a kick start to my new diet and weight loss journey because I knew from the beginning I would most likely gain everything back.

What?

Instead of "kick starting" my diet, I just followed the MFP program. And guess what? I didn't gain back 8-10 pounds.

Agreed. I don't understand how losing weight and then gaining it back kickstarts a diet?
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options

What?

Agreed. I don't understand how losing weight and then gaining it back kickstarts a diet?

I don't understand why so many people think they are motorbikes that need kickstarted?
  • Just_Sha
    Just_Sha Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I did it last month during TOM to help with water retention that comes with the territory. It did help, but as other says the dandelion tea is a diuretic, but so it the cranberry and lemon.

I did it a lot more concentrated though. 8 oz of water with the cranberry juice, lemon juice and dandelion tea. It did help some. I didn't have as much bloating as usual as a result.

So it will stay as a something for that TOM.
  • Funkenstein7
    Options

What?

I don't understand why so many people think they are motorbikes that need kickstarted?

When in Rome.....