I need diet and fitness friends in their 30s!!!

Options
Hi everyone! My name is Jen and I am 34 years old. I am a married mother of a 13-year-old, and I am a full-time college student. Ever since I started school three years ago, I have packed on 40 pounds. Stress=overeating for me. I have tried countless times to lose weight, but I haven't succeeded. I just celebrated my birthday, and TODAY is my first day being healthy! I need friends who will motivate me and whom I can help motivate too! I weighed in at 187 pounds this morning, and I'd love to get down to 145 by summer. Anybody else in a similar situation? Please feel free to add me! :D

Replies

• Terran1976
    Options
    Somewhat similar. I am 37 and have two children. I am also a business owner and full time student. I started at 212 lbs in early September and weighed in today @ 185. I have done the yo yo dieting for years now and want to get down to 145-150 by next summer.taking the kids on a cruise in August :) and I want to look good in a bathing suit
  • juniper1108
    Options
    Oh my gosh, I haven't looked good in a bathing suit in YEARS. That would be great.
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm in my 30s and need to lose the last 10 lbs (again) after gaining them back (again) from stress eating due to work. No kids, but I have cats, does that count? Feel free to add me.
  • godsgrl33
    godsgrl33 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I also just turned 34 (oct. 30th), and have two kids. I started out at 219 in January, and I'm now 153. I will send you a friend request. Congratulations on making a healthy new start!
  • clau_nectarina
    clau_nectarina Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I'm 32, no kids, but also a stress-eater. I gained 30 pounds in the last three years and I'm trying to get back to a healthy weight. Having the support of MFPals has been invaluable.

Let's root for one another!
  • janinab75
    janinab75 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Hi Jen,
    I started on May 20th (again) at 178lbs. I'm 38. I started putting all this weight on in grad school 13 years ago and it's been a roller coaster since. This is the last time. My goal is 135, I have 9 lbs. to go. Feel free to add me, I'm happy to support you and always happy to get new supportive friends with similar goals :-)
  • maasha81
    maasha81 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Maasha and I'm 32 yo mom of a toddler with a sedentary desk job.. I work full time and plan to resume studying as we'll. the only time I get to workout is at 9pm and it is quite a challenge. I tend to snack a lot at work and that's my weakness.

Lately I have been good with pre planning my meals n snacks to keep within my cal limit. We can do this together !!!
  • nikkylyn
    nikkylyn Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Hi im 30 yr old momma with 3 little ones my oldest is only 5. In college ft as well. I feel ya on stress...lol i log daily. Add me
  • Tots77
    Tots77 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi Jen,
    I just finished my second Masters and really put on weight my last Semester. I am 36, have 2 kids, work full time. Currently am at 170 and am hoping to get to 150, I think that is a realistic not kill myself weight. I am working hard on changing habits and weighing out all my food until I get a sense of what a normal portion is. I know I need to exercise, but have not fit it into the schedule yet.
  • tamtam314
    Options
    I'm not quite 30, but is 29 close enough? The way I see it, we all need support from anywhere and everywhere.
  • Shellinabobina
    Shellinabobina Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm fixin' to be 33 on the 27th. Same boat here, 2 kids under 8, stress eater and starting school in spring. Would love to offer my support! :)
  • cjmcmillan
    cjmcmillan Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Turning 34 next month...started out 18 months ago at 332 pounds...now at 230 with about 80 to go. will send a request. =)
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    34 (35 Dec. 3rd...:sad: ), not married, no kids (other than a furry one) and I live with my BF of more than a year. I'm in maintanence (again) after achieving my goal weight (145) in August 2012. I tend to get cocky and go back to old ways and the weight finds me. Trying to figure out how I can keep under 150 and still have fun and not be so strict all the time.
  • Dorianlg
    Dorianlg Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm Dorian, I'm 31 and I'm also in gradschool + work + no kids but very needy kitties. :-) I like to eat all of my feelings and my feelings are apparently very carb-heavy. I've gained weight and lost muscle in gradschool, and was up as high as 195. I've come back down to 180, but I feel so far from the 160 goal. Eating healthy in Atlanta is difficult even if you're not broke and bogged down with work. I'd love to have more friends and give/receive support!
  • samoa53
    samoa53 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    31 married, 3 kids, wife doesn't want me to gain with her this time... Looking for some accountability partners. Thank you
  • Ian_Stuart
    Ian_Stuart Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    36, 3 kids + girlfriend with 2 more. I tend to fit my workouts in around midnight.
  • nickijhughes
    Options
    38, married, 2 kids (15 & 5). Business manager and taking part time school. Need to drop 20. Feel free to add me as a friend. My biggest challenges are being consistent and carving out the time for exercise. I have a positive relationship with food but my metabolism has changed. Need to exercise.
  • juniper1108
    Options
    You guys are awesome. Thank you for all of the replies and requests. LET'S DO THIS!!!!
  • ElegantSlenderChic
    Options
    I'm 34, two sons (9 and 6), recently split up ftom my long term partner, suffer bouts of emotional eating... feel free to add me.
  • sophiauoa
    Options
    Hi Jen, I'm 35 no kids and I need to start working out and loose 16kg. I'm going to send you a friend request :-)