ChaLEAN Extreme - How much weight did you lose?

Options
2»

Replies

• katogar
    katogar Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm on my second round of Chalean Extreme. I love it because the workouts aren't too long (about 40 minutes) and it's 5 days. The two days off really help with the schedule I keep because I'm self-employed. I'm in a Challenge Group on Facebook and a lot of the women in it have said they're losing weight (one lost 20 pounds over the 90 days). I didn't have a ton of weight to lose but a ton to tone up LOL : ) Things were starting to sag and I wanted to stop that. Plus I had no strength - upper or lower.

If you purchased Chalean from Beachbody or a Team Beachbody coach, they can add you to a Challenge group. If they don't, let me know and I'll get you added to mine. It really helps with accountability. And it's nice to be connected to other people who have similar goals. :happy:
  • phoximom
    phoximom Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    bump for me!!
  • DorisR184
    DorisR184 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Bump! I'm in my 3rd week of the Push phase, and I'm loving it. I've lost 7lbs so far and LOTS of inches :smile:
  • jillevert
    Options
    I just bought it today, but not a fan of resistance bands. I have NO body strength...can anyone tell me what a good weight I should start out with? I need to go purchase the weights before my program arrives. Thanks!
  • Alishamarie48879
    Alishamarie48879 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    What is the turbo fire/chalean extreme hybrid?
  • AnnaMW2013
    AnnaMW2013 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm currently on the last week of the Burn Phase. I've lost between 2-5 pounds depending on the day and about 5.5 inches all around. I'm loving it!
  • ysikesp
    ysikesp Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have just finished second week of burn phase and I havent lost any weight. Im not followin the nutrition guide exactly but trying to stay at my calorie range 1300-1400 . 100-150 grms of carbs per day .Im esting clean. Is normal not to lose any weight during the two first weeks.?
  • Immerito
    Immerito Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I just bought it today, but not a fan of resistance bands. I have NO body strength...can anyone tell me what a good weight I should start out with? I need to go purchase the weights before my program arrives. Thanks!

These are the recommendations for resistance for each month-long phase in the CE program for gender & level of fitness, but keep in mind that these are just general guidelines that work well for most people. Note that "the heavier end of each range should be considered for lower-body-targeted-exercises" (p. 31 of CE guidebook):

Female
    Burn phase (10-12 reps range, combination exercises: incorporate upper, lower body and/or abs/core at in 1 exercise)
    Beginner: 5-12 lbs.
    Intermediate:12-20 lbs.
    Advanced: 15-25 lbs.

Push phase (6-8 reps range, isolated exercises for each selected muscle groups/focus on 1 at a time)
    Beginner: 8-15 lbs.
    Intermediate:12-22 lbs.
    Advanced: 15-30 lbs.

Lean Phase (10-12 reps range, combination exercises: incorporates upper, lower body & abs/core in 1 exercise)
    Beginner: 8-15 lbs.
    Intermediate:12-20 lbs.
    Advanced: 15-30 lbs.

Male
    Burn phase (10-12 reps range, combinations exercises: incorporates upper, lower body & abs/core in 1 exercise)
    Beginner: 12-25 lbs.
    Intermediate:20-30 lbs.
    Advanced: 25-40 lbs.

Push phase (6-8 reps range, isolated exercises for each selected muscle groups/focus on 1 at a time)
    Intermediate:20-30 lbs.

Lean Phase (10-12 reps range, combination exercises: incorporates upper, lower body & abs/core in 1 exercise)
    Intermediate: 20-30 lbs.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options

You're going to need a set of dumbbells that range from virtually nothing (as little as 5 lbs) to up to 20-25. And you will get stronger as the program progresses. Month 2 will probably have you working at an intensity level to where even the 20-25 lbs may not be enough.
  • Immerito
    Immerito Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    What is the turbo fire/chalean extreme hybrid?

There's several of those.

Official one available as a PDF here:

www.beachbody.com/category/turbofire-online/class-schedule.do
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options

You're going to need a set of dumbbells that range from virtually nothing (as little as 5 lbs) to up to 20-25. And you will get stronger as the program progresses. Month 2 will probably have you working at an intensity level to where even the 20-25 lbs may not be enough.
    I've got the adjustable plate ones- can't afford Selecttechs//. Bit of a faff but works out much cheaper.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I honestly lost no weight at all doing this program.

However, I did lose inches and a dress size, so fvck the scale, honestly.

If you eat properly and stick with it, you will lose size yet gain strength. Don't worry so much about the scale.
  • EmmieCar86
    EmmieCar86 Posts: 83 Member
    Options

If you eat properly and stick with it, you will lose size yet gain strength. Don't worry so much about the scale.

Agreed! First time around I went from a size 7/8 to a 4/5 in jeans and a medium to a small in shirts. I didn't lose any weight but definitely lost inches! I'm currently finishing up my second week of the Push month again and
    feel stronger this second round of CLX than the first! I'm going to start Stronglifts 5x5 after I finish this bc I really like lifting now :)
  • sohna
    sohna Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    How many calories did you eat while using ChaLean Extreme... I just started today!
  • sohna
    sohna Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Did you ever blog your experiences with chalean?
  • madds2
    madds2 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Might have to look into this a little more. My interest is peaked!
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options

Agreed! First time around I went from a size 7/8 to a 4/5 in jeans and a medium to a small in shirts. I didn't lose any weight but definitely lost inches! I'm currently finishing up my second week of the Push month again and
    feel stronger this second round of CLX than the first! I'm going to start Stronglifts 5x5 after I finish this bc I really like lifting now :)

It's actually very common among people who are relatively new to weightlifting to lose a lot in terms of inches but little to nothing in terms of actual weight when doing this program.