Starbucks

Options
I love Starbucks, but it is very caloric. What drinks do you order when you go there? I'm trying to expand my variety of choices.

Replies

• hungrymarathongirl
    hungrymarathongirl Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Order "skinny lattes" with sugarfree syrup -- only 90 cals for tall.
  • watkinsc
    watkinsc Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I never order any drink larger than a tall (12oz), and you can get a short as well (8oz), even though it is not on the menu any more. always hold the whip... and always order non-fat. The taste is still there and it opens up more choices under the 200 cal mark..
  • Luv2bme
    Luv2bme Posts: 58
    Options
    I Love starbucks too!! There was a time when I was ordering more than 1 daily!! I slowed down, and buy the instant packs of either the colombian blend or now they have flavored ones (mocha, vanilla, cinnamon spice or caramel) the flavored ones are 60 calories plus whatever else you wanted to add (creamer, splenda)... So that will keep you under 100 calories...

When I go in, I order the venti skinny caramel macchiato with only 2 pumps of the sugar free vanilla, any more it gets too sweet... That is like 260 calories, unless you say light on the caramel... I cant order the tall or venti... I need more :( lol
  • bsexton3
    bsexton3 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I realized how many calories and how much money my wife and I were spending at Starbucks and the other coffee places and stopped buying them. For our birthdays last year (which are 10 days apart) we bought an expresso machine at Starbucks. Now, we make them at home. Figured it out, within a year, we more than paid for the machine.

Now, I drink a skinny latte using two shots, 1/2 cup skim milk, and a shot of sugar free coconut & almond syrup.
  • Geminieve24
    Geminieve24 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I used to work for Starbucks. The best low to no calorie would be an iced coffee or an iced american with sugar free hazelnut or sugar free vanilla. Add a little non fat milk or soy. Coffee has like zero calories. Its when you add all that milk and sugary syrups is what gets ya!
  • messyhare
    messyhare Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I too love Starbucks! I always get an iced coffee w/ sugar free hazel nut and add non fat milk with a splash of half & half. It's about 110 calories and tastes super yummy!
  • amccrazgrl
    amccrazgrl Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    IVenti Passion Fruit Iced Tea no lemonade made with water
    Add your choice of sugar substitute.

I don't like the Passion Fruit Tea hot!!!!!
  • sunnyk8
    sunnyk8 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Grande Skinny Vanilla Latte... it's like 240 calories and soooooo delicious.
  • R3awak3n
    R3awak3n Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    americanos only...
  • fit2sit
    fit2sit Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I used to get a grande House blend, but then they stopped carrying anything but Pike Place and flavor of the day. So I buy house blend whole beans (and breakfast blend, yum) and make it for myself everyday at home. When I go to the store with colleagues or forget my coffee thermos at home I'll get a triple espresso. No sugar or cream for me.
  • elainegsd
    elainegsd Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    americanos only...

Ditto. A grande Americano with no room ( basically just espresso and hot water) is just 15 calories. It took a little time to be satisfied with this instead of a non-fat latte, and it took time to be satisfied with the non-fat latte instead of a non-fat mocha...
  • sarahwright01
    sarahwright01 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    i switched to and Iced Venti Green Tea with 3-4 splenda's and no water.

It is strong, tastes good, and is better for you! i love tea. It helps to suppress my appetite, costs 1/2 the cost of a grande latte, and once you get off of the coffee, you don't really miss it. I can't drink coffee any more. I too used to work at Sbux, and i developed some sort of intolerance to coffee. Lets just say it is like taking 3 laxatives on top of drinking a coffee for me. It is the worst stomach ache, and it lasts almost all day! Worst ever, so now i only drink 3-4 ounces of coffee at a time if I am having something really sweet, and then, i dont do that very often, so less coffee for me.

Switch to the Green Tea. Sometimes I also ask for 1/2 black, 1/2 green tea.
    Finally, when i really want something coffee related, that is a treat I have a tall frappucino , and I tell the barista "make it as skinny and sugar free as you can!"

P.S. If you can't give up the coffee, give up the size. Do you know that there is 2 shots in the Venti, and 2 Shots of coffee in a Grande? It is the same amount of caffeine, (same amount of coffee) but you pay almost $1.00 more for it, and all you get are extra calories.

Another thing to try, is to use your coffee as a reward for yourself. "If I work out 3 day s in a row, or 5 days in a row i can have a Starbucks"

Just some thoughts
  • hungrymarathongirl
    hungrymarathongirl Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Grande Skinny Vanilla Latte... it's like 240 calories and soooooo delicious.

The grande skinny vanilla latte...as well as the skinny hazelnut, caramel and cinnamon dolce...are 130 calories.
  • brityn
    brityn Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I love the starbucks double shots...no, not the ones in the can...if you go in and order it, it's two shots of espresso, shaken with ice and whatever sweetener you order and then a drizzle of milk (whatever you choose) so you get an iced creamy sweetened beverage....i ask for a tall double shot with one splenda and non fat milk. If you really like it sweet ask for two splendas. You can also ask for sugar free vanilla or hazelnut for a little bit extra. Otherwise I just ask for turkish ground dark roast coffee (sumatra, gold coast or anniversary or christmas blend if they have it) and use a pour over open face mellita. Add non fat evaporated milk and splena at home. A pound usually lasts us 4-7 days. but is less than 1 trip to starbucks so it totally saves you money
  • Bermudabarbie
    Bermudabarbie Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Love Starbucks. Go almost every day! Get a Grande bold flavor and add a teaspoon of ground cinnamon and a dash of half & half. Since I am a Gold Club member, I get free refills! Some days I will take the free refill and just drink it black. Never add sugar or any sweeteners. Just like the actual coffee. Now when they have The Yukon blend (very strong), I'll just have the Pike Place. Boring? Not really! Just enjoy their coffee!
  • Stewie316
    Stewie316 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I like the tall nonfat caramel macchiato; it's only 140 calories. You can also try a sugar free one, which is only 90 calories.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    mmm Starbucks. *drool* I've cut down a bit, I used to have one like everyday...not only was it not good for my calories...but also my wallet (I mean $5 a day on coffee!) I usually get a Grande caramel or java chip Frap LIGHT...light is with non-fat milk, sugar-free, and no whipped cream. Its better than what I used to get, and still yummy. :)
  • 85specialk
    Options
    I started drinking my coffee black to cut calories.. takes some getting used to if you're used to the milky or sweet varieties, but definitely an easy way to cut calories. Only two calories a cup in a black coffee!
  • jaci232
    jaci232 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    iced coffee with sugar free syrup (grand total of like, 5 calories!)
    skinny lattes (w/ sugar free syrup)
    tall nonfat sugar free frappuccinos!
  • DaveyGravy
    DaveyGravy Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I haven't been since I started my diet 18 months ago but I used to order those Grande double choc chip frappucinos, which I don't even dare check how many calories are in there :laugh: