Such a drag to be back

Options
Here I am, back at my starting weight, after three years of being so good.

Any restarters finding it's somehow even harder to start again than it was the first time around? I'd love to be friends.

Replies

• 3333charm
    Options
    I lost a large amount of weight about 10 years ago and it has sloooowly crept all back. I definitely agree that it's harder the second time around! I find myself resenting the fact that I have to do something I already DID. But we just have to suck it up. :p
  • minuz5
    minuz5 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Here I am, back at my starting weight, after three years of being so good.

Any restarters finding it's somehow even harder to start again than it was the first time around? I'd love to be friends.

didn't really get you. So what happened that your weight came back if everything was "being so good"?
  • jzwilliams23
    Options
    im doing the same thing. I lost a bit of weight about 8 years ago and after having kids it kinda sneaked back on me. But im dedicated and i know what to do to lose it( since i have done it before). I find it a bit harder to stay on track but im hanging in there.
  • marasw
    marasw Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I lost 50 pounds 2 years ago and gained it all back after leaving my job. It's way harder the second time. :( I'd be happy to be friends.
  • akittyisyou
    Options
    @minuz5 - I lost it four years ago, and had three good years before I went back to bad habits.

I know what you mean, guys, I'm trying hard to get over 'resenting' having to diet again as well as trying to stop fooling myself that I can have a treat because I behaved for five minutes. I know the craving for huge portions of incredibly bad food will go away, I just have to leave it for long enough.
  • evanblove
    evanblove Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you. I hate re-losing weight, but I keep putting myself in that situation. Here's to winning the restarter struggle!
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    This is probably my 5th time at trying to lose my weight. This time has been different because I really want this. I'm having to work hard every day. Eat healthy, exercise & keep going no matter what.

My advice to you? Don't let this go until you are where I am. I wish I had done this when I was younger. Commit to doing this now and don't stop. Make this about being healthy. That's something you have to keep doing forever.

Best of luck.
  • Candi8099
    Candi8099 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I hear yah. At this exact time last year I was down 35 pounds! I've "maintained" (aka not logged) at 170, but I REALLY NEED to get tone for the wedding in August and lose 15-25 pounds!
  • Miriai
    Miriai Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I lost a lot of weight last year, but then I got sick and injured my knee so I am back at my starting weight. I feel like I am that much less motivated to lose the weight, even though I have my own wedding to look forward to this time!
  • ladyoflb
    ladyoflb Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean! Kind of in the same boat, gained about 10 of my pounds back, not letting it get any farther than that! Feel free to add me! We can do this!