BeachBody Coaches Leave Me Alone! (lol)

Replies

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    What about perverts? Are we welcome?

How tall are you?
  • Just_Sha
    Just_Sha Posts: 61 Member
    I had a few friemds on FB who were BB coaches. They got super pushy. I was getting daily emails, they were basically sales pitches sent to their entire FL. I politely told them I wasn't interested, eventually I deleted them. I have also deleted people for selling ACE, Body by Vi, and any other weight loss scam.

I have the p90x program, I bought it at a yard sale. Love it!!!!! I can't justify paying such high prices for things that aren't necessities though.

don't forget advocare. all of them.. super annoying!
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    [ As for Shakeology being over priced, it breaks down to just oVer 4 dollars a day, which you prob spend at starbucks or dunkins.. just saying

$4 a day for me for one drink is pretty expensive. (I get 40 servings of my protein powder for less than $20 a month.) I adore Starbucks and go less than a few times a month. If I had enough money to choose between Shakeology and Starbucks daily, Starbucks would win by a landslide.

For those who enjoy it and can afford it, carry on. :drinker:

I've also never been approached by a coach here. I'd be annoyed if I were. It wouldn't bother me for friends to post about it on their own newsfeeds.
  • lauraspberry
    lauraspberry Posts: 655 Member
    That is so funny! Haha I was in a "challenge group" before . When I was doing Insanity, I posted pics right? this one coach was so nice at me on Instagram and asked me to join his support group. I thought it was a group for people to motivate each other, share success stories on, etc. I really had no idea on what BB coaches were so I was ever so gullible to join the group. It helped me for a few weeks, each member sharing their success etc. It came to a point where the Coach were forcing us to buy Shakeology. Like literally everytime we talk to each other on the FB group he's like buy shakeology your workouts wont be effective as much if you dont have it but I already told him I'm just a college student from the Philippines who lives with my parents and just with the shipping fee I'd be killed by the price but he keeps on insisting. Then he stopped talking to us because no one bought Shakeology since everyone was either broke or on a budget.

On the other hand not all BB coaches are like that, some just wants to genuinely help and I've met some of them. They are really nice :) If you say no to their products, they will still keep on pushing you and telling you about how people reach their goals with the programs and they're just normal people you know, trying to reach their own goals as well :)
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    How do you report a user to MFP? I see how to report a post, but that doesn't help me with the emails. I had someone I had never interacted with contact and friend request me, presumably after trolling my name on a T25 thread. The email included the link to a group as well as the "commitments" I need to make, which sent up red flags. Not surprisingly, a google search revealed the person to be a Beach Body coach. The person never identified themselves as a coach or included any of the information that Beach Body requires of its independent coaches when sending unsolicited messages, so I am thinking of reporting them to Beach Body as well for lack of compliance.
  • lauraspberry
    THAT IS CREEPY.
  • RicaFit
    RicaFit Posts: 38 Member
    I have not been asked to buy anything or had any one ask to be my friend since I joined back in March.
  • cookiealbright
    cookiealbright Posts: 605 Member
    I feel left out. I have some really awesome friends here, but no one has ever tried to sell me anything.
  • hopefaithlove24
    hopefaithlove24 Posts: 454 Member
    I got them too all the time as soon as I mentioned that I was doing insanity! I just told them straight forward that I didn't want their stuff and that I wasn't ready to commit to their things, just doing it my own way:) That seemd to help
  • I buy all my beachbody workouts on other sites. They are cheaper and no hounding. Love it!
  • lauraspberry
    Not everyone sells some are genuinely trying to help :) I met more BB coaches who are genuinely taking their time to help, I only know one who is SO pushy on every level then stops motivating you if you dont buy from him
  • grillnchill
    grillnchill Posts: 772 Member
    I've gotten a couple of friend requests from some, I just usually ignore them. Also, some person asking to join their group and discount gym membership. Eh
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    wow not sure what to say. I have to admit i have become a beachbody coach BUT i am here to help others. For me it's all about support, i would of given up many many times without support from others, whether they were with beachbody or not. I want to help others achieve their goals just like i have! I get asked all the time how i achieved my goal, how i got there/ what i did etc. so i tell them! yes it has to do with beachbody and their products, but THEY asked! So i am not going to hide anything, i have it on my main page stating i am a coach, so if any of my MFP friends in the future want to try a product o fsome kind form beachbody they know i am here for them to help them choose the right one, etc. we are not all negative just trying to sell products, some of us want to really help support others!
  • RicaFit
    RicaFit Posts: 38 Member
    You have not meet enough I would hope. I have yet to met a single BB Coach :)
  • This is something that really bothers me about BB Coaches, and I am one myself. I'm also an ISSA/ACE/AFAA instructor that's lost over 100lbs. But the people that just try and push products, well, it gives the company a bad image as well as those in the company that are in it to help.I started with Beachbody because it's given me an outlet to help way more people than I ever could just going to someone's home and training with them.

My biggest piece of advice is to send an email to compliance@beachbody.com. The company itself frowns upon just trying to push products and will send the Coach a warning. But, with so many people in the organization you're going to get the people that do that. Any MLM is a numbers game, whether it's someone trying to sell you Shakeology, makeup, bug spray, or pots and pans. Unfortunately they are going to be the most visible. Those Coaches that do want to help people, genuinely help them, you won't really ever see.

I try to put a note that I'm a Coach in every social platform I'm on and I still get a few requests a week for people that want to sell me a BB product. Sometimes you just gotta laugh and ignore them.
  • I don't need someone trying to push crappy protein shakes on me. I already own several beach body fitness programs, which I love, but I'm not about to pay one of their pyramid scheme lackeys to try to sell me crap.

First of all, anytime you buy a Beachbody product from their site or 800#, you are assigned a "coach" when you create your free Beachbody account. So that purchase and all your future purchases are earning income for that coach - someone you don't know and may never be in contact with.

So if you bought your Beachbody programs (which you love) from Beachbody, you already have a "pyramid scheme lacky" assigned as your coach.

I can imagine it is annoying to get "cold calls," and there are Beachbody coaches out there that only want to sell. But I do not think that is the intention of all coaches. I believe many Beachbody coaches contact you so that you can have a connection in the event you choose to buy a Beachbody product. You are getting a "coach" anyway anytime you buy from Beachbody -- that is what makes Beachbody unique -- providing SUPPORT for their customers. Isn't that why you are all on the message boards anyway?? You want support and accountability and shared experiences.

There are benefits of having a coach that you have "met" here at MFP or elsewhere in your life.
    #1 You get a free DVD and free shipping when you order from a coach's page rather than directly from the Beachbody.com site or 800 number.
    #2 You should get support and accountability from that coach - assuming they are really being the "coach" and not just a salesman.
    #3 You should be invited to your coach's challenge groups to help you stay motivated.

You all say you love their products (and many have bought them), why not get the benefits of free shipping, free workout DVDs and a personal connection. Seems like a win win all around.

Most people have no idea how Beachbody works, and I have talked to many who say, "Oh I had no idea if I ordered from you that you would be my coach and I would get free stuff. I wish I knew that before I ordered online."

So don't hate. Just ignore them if you are not interested.

Holy advertising batman!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    I keep getting friend requests (which I accept) only to find out these "friends" want to sell me something. I guess I joined this site for support not to find a BeachBody coach. Am I the only one this is happening to? How does everyone else handle this. I usually just delete them as friends. I already own a couple BeachBody programs and am not interested in anymore.

when i was doing insanity and regularly posting in the insanity groups i got a load of requests and messages about BB stuff, i just ignore them.
  • Not everyone sells some are genuinely trying to help :) I met more BB coaches who are genuinely taking their time to help, I only know one who is SO pushy on every level then stops motivating you if you dont buy from him

I truly believe you when you say that, I think what the OP is trying to say is that it would be nice if BB coaches identified themselves and let people come to them versus pushing FRs, PMs and advertising on the forums pushing their products and services. If the coaches are that good people will come to them asking for help, they don't need the sales pitch.
  • lauraspberry
    wow not sure what to say. I have to admit i have become a beachbody coach BUT i am here to help others. For me it's all about support, i would of given up many many times without support from others, whether they were with beachbody or not. I want to help others achieve their goals just like i have! I get asked all the time how i achieved my goal, how i got there/ what i did etc. so i tell them! yes it has to do with beachbody and their products, but THEY asked! So i am not going to hide anything, i have it on my main page stating i am a coach, so if any of my MFP friends in the future want to try a product o fsome kind form beachbody they know i am here for them to help them choose the right one, etc. we are not all negative just trying to sell products, some of us want to really help support others!

I agree! She's not like all the other BB coaches. She's genuinely supportive :)
  • lauraspberry

I truly believe you when you say that, I think what the OP is trying to say is that it would be nice if BB coaches identified themselves and let people come to them versus pushing FRs, PMs and advertising on the forums pushing their products and services. If the coaches are that good people will come to them asking for help, they don't need the sales pitch.

Yup! So true :) people would have been swarming them to buy shakeology or whatever else they have.