Coffee - Tea = same as water?

Options
PZlady
PZlady Posts: 137 Member
Is black coffee or tea counted as a water? Or do I have to actually drink water as well as coffee?

Replies

• sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    You can count your coffee and tea toward your water consumption. Coffee only has significant diuretic effects if you drink over 7 cups of it.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I only count water as water. :tongue: And I log tea as tea and coffee as coffee, even if I drink them black, no sweetener or cream. Amy liquids I drink get counted for what they are, and not under water, but I will mentally count them in overall fluid intake for the day. But only water counts as water for me.

I have read that coffee and the like hydrate as well as water, but from personal experience, I am far less thirsty and feel much better if I drink more water all day rather than coffee. Blood donations go much better for me with water over coffee as well!
  • Showcase_Brodown
    Showcase_Brodown Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Yes, in the context of hydration, hardly any difference.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Yes. I count them as water.
  • karent323
    karent323 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    That's interesting. I had never thought to count them in the water catagory. I have dropped milk from tea recently so there are no actual calories but I hadn't thought to include them. Not that it matters I guess. Drink water when you are thirsty. Does it matter to your weight loss if you caount it exactly? As long as you do drink it.
  • PZlady
    PZlady Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!! You helped me a lot.