Shaved heads

Options
2»

Replies

• heylookitsval
    heylookitsval Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    I may shave my head, having hair is a pain in the *kitten*.
  • Salty_Sauce
    Salty_Sauce Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    My advice (from a previously-buzzcut female) is not to shave your head. Personally, I find a completely shaved head rather disconcerting. Very short buzzcuts are much less extreme. Just my two cents, though, to each their own :)

Booo !! We are not disconcerting ! ;-)
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I shave every day, sometimes twice a day, if I am going out. Been doing it for 30 years. I put a mirror in my shower. Takes about 2 minutes. It's like any other habit.

2 Minutes is a small investment to be this pretty.
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    This makes me glad that hair loss is not in my family genes. Besides, I've been in enough accidents and a few fights when I was younger. My bald head would probably look like a Topographic map.
  • kycfj
    kycfj Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    http://www2.slybaldguys.com

^ check out the forums

If you haven't been shaving it long....it gets easier and quicker.. You'll be able to do it by feel alone

For me, I just use a fusion,....adds only a couple of minutes to my morning routine..
  • FatHuMan1
    FatHuMan1 Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    This makes me glad that hair loss is not in my family genes. Besides, I've been in enough accidents and a few fights when I was younger. My bald head would probably look like a Topographic map.

My paternal grandmother was prone to (benign) cysts on her head. As she got older her hair started to thin dramatically. Her head looked like a relief map of the Andes.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Rogsman does the exact same thing I do.

I've been shaving my head for about 14 years. While it seems like it may be tedious, you are really saving yourself a lot of time. It takes me 10 minutes every other day, and that is all of the time I ever have to invest. No hair care products, no barber shops, and no primping in front of the mirror throughout the day...

No way is this approach time-saving...not compared to my previous routine which was to buzz/#1/#2 guard it every 4-6 weeks. In between, I did absolutely nothing to it...at all.

That said, I prefer the completely shaved look.

(And did someone actually have a post removed from this thread while I was gone? Wow...I never would have expected this thread to be that controversial.)

And thanks to everyone for the tips. I think I'll try the mirror in the shower approach.

Oh, and yeah, I have plenty of scars and my head is giant/weirdly square-shaped, but meh, whatever. :drinker:
  • FatHuMan1
    FatHuMan1 Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options

(And did someone actually have a post removed from this thread while I was gone? Wow...I never would have expected this thread to be that controversial.)

This MFP. Everything is controversial.