coffee/water intake

Options
Does anyone count coffee as part of their eight glasses of water per day? I've heard that it does count, and I've also heard that it doesn't. I know it has a diuretic effect which can actually be dehydrating if in excess. So...I'm not sure whether to count it or not! Any input, anyone?

Replies

• FemininGuns
    FemininGuns Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I dont' count it... I DO count the milk I put in...
  • baker_c
    baker_c Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I count it. I was always told that you can log coffee and tea as water as long as it's not more than 3-4 cups a day.
  • CroakerNorge
    CroakerNorge Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    You can, if you want to. However, I don't. I have no problems getting water in. I don't count my morning coffee towards that goal and aside from alcohol, I rarely drink anything else.
  • deshaine
    deshaine Posts: 195
    Options
    I count it as a food because it has calories in it. But I make an effort to get in at least 60 ounces of pure, clean water every day, in addition to the coffee.
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I usually drink a couple of really big mugs in the morning but don't count that as my water intake since i drink plenty through out the day, rarely getting under my 64 oz. goal. Plus i saw that coffee has a small calorie count on here, not sure if that is correct or not, so i record it with food just in case.
  • mzenzer
    mzenzer Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I don't count it and I've read that you need about two cups of water to counter the diuretic affects of 1 cup of coffee. There is a good thread here on that but I couldn't find it.
  • knickelson23
    knickelson23 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanky you for your replies! I drink entirely way too much coffee. However, I chug lots of water as well. Those are about the only two things I drink other than maybe a diet Sierra Mist with my evening meal.