28 with LOTS to lose - looking for support.

Hello

I'm 28 and I have over 100lbs to lose. I tend to get off track if I don't have support and for some deep seeded psychological reason I don't want to tell my friends what I'm attempting. Therefore, I'm reaching out to the MFP community. Be my friend, be someone I occasionally hate for telling me the hard truth. Lets get this done together! WOO! (I'm not a "woo" kind of person usually, but sometimes it's required for motivation). I'm lazy when it comes to cooking and easily bored when it comes to exercise so be ready for that.

It's a very large boat with many in it and I'd like someone to talk to while we sail.

Replies

• mytabouly
    mytabouly Posts: 66 Member
    Feel free to add me. I'm also 28, with not much left to lose, really focusing more on body composition than anything else. Happy to provide support (and hard words, if needed :) ).
  • Lindsay_1984
    Lindsay_1984 Posts: 85 Member
    Friend request sent. I am also 28 and have about 75 pounds to lose.
  • cursiny
    cursiny Posts: 907 Member
    34 here and I am not quite half way. Support always welcome :) Good luck
  • campfirecrafter
    campfirecrafter Posts: 25 Member
    28 here too...not tons to lose about 30 or so pounds but always looking for support to keep me on a healthier track
  • ucalegon
    ucalegon Posts: 43 Member
    Have you tried keto? Changed my life and a great way to jumpstart weight loss when you've got tons to lose.
  • lknjohnson
    lknjohnson Posts: 351 Member
    you all can add me
  • 43 and beginning my weight loss and healthy lifestyle journey... it's going to be a long and sometimes bumpy ride so some inspiration and motivation along the way would be helpful :)
    Good luck
  • foxj3730
    foxj3730 Posts: 10 Member
    Hello, I am also 28 and have 100lbs to loose. Feel free to add me!!
  • cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    I'm 28 as well - I lost 100 pounds already and have about 30-40 I want to lose now. Feel free to add me.

I hate telling people when I'm trying to lose weight. You don't need to hear anyone's opinions! haha
  • lguien
    lguien Posts: 7 Member
    Hi! I'm 34 with 75-100 to lose. Been on and off the weight loss track so many times I can't count. This time around I would like support, and like you CailM, I don't have anyone in my life right now that I feel like sharing this journey with. So please, anyone add me who like little encouragement and wouldn't mind sending me some too. :happy:
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Once you start seeing the weight coming off you will be more and more motivated to eating better and training. Key is consistency.
  • Im 27, and started in July with 110lbs to lose. Im down 30, and like you, I NEED the support. Feel free to add me. You can do this!!!
  • Feel free to add me - I have about 30+ pounds to lose, but every pound is hard, whether it's 5 pounds, 30 pounds, 50 pounds, or 150 pounds (or more!) I had to take a brief break recently due to family health issues, but am back. I log every day, try to give positive support, and have an open diary (but don't care if others do - it's not for everyone!) I'm 38 with two daughters and welcome any friend requests from people who are positive, motivated, and consistent!
  • Hey:) I'm not sure what I'm doing with my weight but I'm trying to lose I think... idk how much we'll see:)
  • Hi! I'm 28 as well... at my heaviest I had 100+ pounds to lose (268 was my highest). I lost about 40 pounds a couple years ago (2010 perhaps?), then gained a few back. I started again last month at 242, and am working my way down (now at 229.6). With my first weight loss, many people knew, but I've found myself more hesitant to tell others about my diet/weight loss this time around. My fiance is very supportive, as is my immediate family, but I haven't told many others for some reason. Support is definitely key... I'm not very active on these message boards with my own posts, but even just reading other people's stories and experiences is helpful for me. :-) Good luck!!
  • LunaInverse
    LunaInverse Posts: 109 Member
    I'm 22 with about 30lbs to lose...Sending a friendy request :-]
  • Hiya :)
    I'm also 28 with a LOT to lose - 56lbs to be exact. I really need support too so hopefully we can keep each other motivated! :) Will add you if that's ok x
  • valeriejo
    valeriejo Posts: 14 Member
    All of my life I have struggled with my weight. I don't really have anyone in my life that understands what I am trying to do here. I want to get healthy and start living my life the way I want to, not the way my body allows me to. All of my friends are thin and think all of the time and effort I put into the gym and eating right is just keeping me from living my life. I would welcome and friend requests that may actually help keep my focused and remind me that I am doing this for a reason and that I am not alone.
  • LosingItForGood13
    LosingItForGood13 Posts: 182 Member
    Feel free to add me on here everyday
  • You sound just like me...only 5 years younger! Add me and we can try to motivate each other! (and sometimes WOOS are required!)