I have to do something...

Options
Hello all,

I am currently 27 years old and have struggled with my weight for some time now. I currently weigh 264lbs and am a 6'1" male. I remember being 230lbs. and thinking "wow, I really have to get this under control". Now, years later, I am the father of an awesome little girl with another on the way. The decision I have made to better myself and get to a healthier place was definitely kicked into gear by having children, but also through pure disappointment with myself.

I have tried several times to get on board with some other diets, such as Atkins or WeighWatchers with very minimal success. However, last Friday I took a long look into the Paleo thing and it seemed intriguing. I read and read and went with it. So, here I am two days later doing fine. I have eaten within the limits and have been exercising daily for an hour or so. I feel better already (probably mental, lol) and am looking forward to my goal, which drops me 64 pounds lighter! It's sad to look at my goal ticker and be sitting at the very bottom, but I know it will progress.

I need some encouragement and ideas of how to stick with my plan. If anyone has any suggestions, I would love to hear them. I think becoming part of a community like this one might be the key to staying on that track, so i'm definitely investing some into the community to help this work. I think having a large group to talk to, without feeling like I have let anyone down by admitting fault will help me keep those faults in line and not let them devour my motivation as they have previously.

That's my story! Hello to everyone. I look forward to being a part of your online world.

-Matt

Replies

• lguien
    lguien Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Just joined myfitnesspal today to offer encouragement and any advice I can and I welcome the same in return. I am not following that particular plan, but I firmly beleive that everyone's bodies react differently. Either way, I know I am in for a battle for a healthier future and woudn't mind having people to fight right alongside me