Losing inches gaining weight?

Options
I am 5'5 & have been weighing steady around 140-145 for quite some time now. I consider myself to be muscular & I work out allot. I try to eat clean most of the time, take my vitamins etc. The last cpl wks I have really been on my game eating food that will fuel my body, plenty of protein, Lifting heavier weights, more reps. My jeans are getting looser & I feel smaller/more toned. Got a few compliments... However my weight went up to 151?? I know the scale don't necessarily matter. (muscle weighs more than fat) My goal is to get the body fat down. Yet 151 seems like it's getting pretty high for 5'5? I know other muscular women with close to the same build & the same height who weigh 125-140. I feel pretty solid but I don't want to bulk. Looking for lean & toned with muscle. Any other ladies similar to me??? Or any advice from trainers welcome too.

Replies

• sirvivor007
    sirvivor007 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    The key is "lifting heavier weights and more reps". That means you may have a good case of muscle soreness (DOMS) If so you body will automatically pull in and hold more water to repair. Once the muscles are repaired you will lose 3-5 pounds almost over night in water as the by products are flushed out.
  • CEMH1
    CEMH1 Posts: 33
    Options
    Hi @hollysue! I'm feeling the same! I'm 5'5 and working out 3 - 4 times weekly. I'm using 10 pound weights and am totally fatigued by the end of my workouts. I've never weighed this much 147 - 149. ( Heaviest ever!) Clothes are fitting better and I feel better but scale is going the opposite way. I did drop a couple pounds on less calorie intake but then felt I didn't have the energy to lift the weights.
    I'll keep you updated if I get a break in my weight and what might have caused it. Sorry no technical answers here.... I'd like to know the same thing!
  • kenzietate
    kenzietate Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    When I was in shape I constantly was around 150-155 at 5'4". But I have a very muscular build and my bone structure is the same size as a medium male (much larger than a normal female) so it worked for me. I was a size 8 at the time. I got sick and it was the only time I was able to drop below an 8 and I looked like a skeleton! It was not good. So for me, 150 is probably good! That is my goal on here. Every person is different and why does it matter what the scale says if you are healthy and losing inches?
  • an8e
    an8e Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I usually have to wait until I have had two full rest days before get a 'true' reading on the scales, otherwise it looks like I have gained when I know I haven't :)

Congratulations: sounds like you're doing some good work!
  • an8e
    an8e Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Also: have you tried a pump class?

Group fitness with weights: still has the lifting element, but LOTS of repetition, so really works on lean, toned muscles, if that's what you're after.

Good luck!
  • HollySue25
    HollySue25 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the input I really appreciate it.:wink::wink: I haven't done a pump class yet. I am doing Yoga classes! (Once a wk) & it's good to hear other women's success/stats! Were all in this together. Healthy is beautiful & so are many other things. :heart: