75 day cycle challenge - Anyway, anyhow!!!!!

Replies

• kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    kayemme: I'm not the guy that set this up but I would say, log the miles you do in addition to your commute. The idea behind the challenge is to get people out and riding. So this would be encouraging you to do more than just your commute.

well, to be fair, after 60 miles, i probably only ride about 10 more per week and then i'm spent. maybe i shouldn't join, but i keep fair tracking on my own. i ride for pleasure often, usually about 25-30 mile round trip along the coast, but since my work commute has been so high lately, i haven't had it in me to get out for pleasure. (my ride is very urban and so it's a lot of dodging, unlike when i ride for pleasure and it's on a clear bike path)
  • eaglemonster
    eaglemonster Posts: 156 Member
    13.7 miles
    COLD! 5degs C http://www.sportypal.com/Workouts/Details/735681

The Flem
    nautiluver 4.4
    Chenoachem
    wicci
    Eaglemonster 97.31
    rtjonespe 57.4
    cathmack 75

Come on guys, some late starters.
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    I have a knee injury so had to take the week off. I hope to be back at it soon though.

The Flem
    nautiluver 4.4
    Chenoachem 0
    wicci
    Eaglemonster 97.31
    rtjonespe 57.4
    cathmack 75
  • Sorry to hear about your knee injury. Make sure your bike fits right before you get back on the bike. You want to make sure the bike isn't causing it.

I got a late start in riding tonight, but still managed to get 11 miles in.

The Flem
    nautiluver 4.4
    Chenoachem 0
    wicci
    Eaglemonster 97.31
    rtjonespe 68.7
    cathmack 75
  • sempernova
    sempernova Posts: 101 Member
    I'd love to join you!! Can I count my Spin Classes..I reckon it's probably about 20kms for the hour.
    Hurt my back on the weekend so won't be cycling till Thursday...gotta recover!
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Sorry to hear about your knee injury. Make sure your bike fits right before you get back on the bike. You want to make sure the bike isn't causing it.

I got a late start in riding tonight, but still managed to get 11 miles in.

The Flem
    nautiluver 4.4
    Chenoachem 0
    wicci
    Eaglemonster 97.31
    rtjonespe 68.7
    cathmack 75

Thank you for the concern. Running caused it not cycling. I am hoping cycling more will prevent it from getting worse.

The Flem
    nautiluver 4.4
    Chenoachem 5
    wicci
    Eaglemonster 97.31
    rtjonespe 68.7
    cathmack 75
  • Hi eaglemonster,
    You can set up a goal on sportypal to track your progress to see how much you're behind or ahead, with your daily rides.
    It's very useful...
  • eaglemonster
    Already done.
    i use them for personal weekly/yearly targets also ... love my sportypal! I had tried to post the link to my plans but it would appear that only befriended sportypal members can view them.
    Absolutly tipping it down here, and the forecast is for more of the same, doubting that i will get out today, dont mind the cold, dont mind the wet, but i really dislike cold and wet!
  • eaglemoster: I can follow your link to see your rides. I think it pretty fun to see where someone else is riding. Its more fun because, I never been to the UK.
  • kayemme
    it was an unseasonably beautiful day today. i rode to work and back, about 16 miles. i can estimate my mileage from the 18th to now.

monday 18th - 15
    tuesday 19th - 16
    wednesday 20th- 18
    thursday 21 - 16
    (i wanted to get out for a ride over the weekend, but i was bogged down with freelance work and couldn't leave the house much; then also my bike got a flat on tuesday, so i had my bf come to my work to fix it, but then he thought to change the other tire (for to be sure) and then he popped that tube which we didn't replace til sunday)

monday 24 - 20
    tuesday 25 - 16

86m so far and hoping to go on a pleasure ride this weekend (down the coast while the leaves are in full color)
  • Hi All,
    Great progress. I done 12 miles last week and 16 this week. a bit behind but will try and ramp it up over the next few days

The Flem 28
    nautiluver 4.4
    Chenoachem 5
    wicci
    Eaglemonster 97.31
    rtjonespe 68.7
    cathmack 75
  • Wicci,

Get your miles in... I know you have been cycling to work most days so you should have clocjked up some miles

2255410.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Welcome onboard...
    L
    2255410.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • eaglemonster
    Absolutly lovely night for it! Enjoyed my little rip around the block tonight. (20 miles)
    http://www.sportypal.com/Workouts/Details/739339

The Flem 28
    nautiluver 4.4
    Chenoachem 5
    wicci
    Eaglemonster 117.70 mi
    rtjonespe 68.7
    cathmack 75

rtjonespe, try the UK i love this country, not been to the states myself still trying to get around other parts of Europe.
  • I'm on a bus trip with 56 8th graders. So I rode an exercise bike in the hotel tonight. Not really the same thing I know, but I got 9.7 miles.
    The Flem 28
    nautiluver 4.4
    Chenoachem 5
    wicci
    Eaglemonster 117.70 mi
    rtjonespe 78.4
    cathmack 75
    kayemme 86
  • kayemme
    wednesday, 10/27 - 20m

total 106
  • sempernova
    sempernova Posts: 101 Member
    No progress to report! Back still hurts so I'm not taking any chances!
  • eaglemonster
    Little ride tonite. may be overdoing it. I hurt.
    http://www.sportypal.com/Workouts/Details/740970

The Flem 28
    nautiluver 4.4
    Chenoachem 5
    wicci
    Eaglemonster 129.38
    rtjonespe 78.4
    cathmack 75
    kayemme 106

sempernova look after your back, thats one unpleasent injury.
  • kayemme
    thursday 10/28/10 16m > 122

hoping for nice weather to ride the bike path during this amazing fall color!

edit: at the end, i'll separate commute from pleasure.
  • kayemme
    eaglemonster, does your shirt in your profile pic say "elvis perkins"?
This discussion has been closed.