Eat 6 meals a day last meal at 6pm, so after a long day doing this you think
I would be tired but I just can't shut Down an I'm only sleeping 6hours
A night.

Any suggestions or advice etc

Replies

• AprilOneFourFour
    AprilOneFourFour Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    You might be hungry when you're going to bed - try eating last meal a little later.
    Some say taking magnesium helps with sleep.
    A cup of warm milk winds me down and puts me to sleep.
  • NzBuilt
    NzBuilt Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Is that pill form or in foods and when do I take it thanx
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    Looking at your food log, it appears you're not eating enough calories. Try eating more.

Avoid bright lights & loud sounds in the evening before bed.
  • NzBuilt
    Options
    Whct a good number of calories I'm currently eating bout 1600 is that not enough
    And room is quite dark no tv sounds what do ever.
  • missbrendalynn
    missbrendalynn Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Try chamomile tea! I used to be insomniac but chamomile tea pretty much changed my life lol. Good luck!
  • grantdumas7
    grantdumas7 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Try Magnesium as previously suggested as it relaxes the muscles. Get magnesium citrate. Melatonin may help as well. Another suggestion is to eat more carbs at night. Carbs release serotonin which will help you relax.
  • NzBuilt
    Options
    Try chamomile tea! I used to be insomniac but chamomile tea pretty much changed my life lol. Good luck!

I'll try this one thanx and when did you take it.
  • NzBuilt
    Options
    Try Magnesium as previously suggested as it relaxes the muscles. Get magnesium citrate. Melatonin may help as well. Another suggestion is to eat more carbs at night. Carbs release serotonin which will help you relax.

More carbs could be key because I have a lot of protein but not so
    Much carbs thanx.
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    I know it's not the best idea...But...When I can't sleep (which is not very often) I have Baileys Irish Cream with ice...Puts me to sleep. Are you feeling exhausted? If not, you could be the kind of person who only needs 6 hours sleep?
  • NzBuilt
    Options
    You could be right i havnt really been tne kind of person to sleep more than 6hours my max would be 7,but i will try the magnesium citrate thanx guys.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    what's your pre-sleep routine like?
    have you tried relaxing? also make sure your bed room is only being used for sleep and fun things :tongue: :smokin: but try avoiding watching tv in bed or reading in bed.

you can also try a meditation exercise to help you relax. also getting rid of/hiding lights from electronic devices in your rooms might help.