What do you put in your omelette?

Options

Replies

• sg992
    sg992 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I keep mine plain but make it with a chunk of butter to give it more flavour. My housemate experiments with different Philly flavours, pretty cool since you can get all those different flavours now like the grilled pepper/chives/etc.
  • drefaw
    drefaw Posts: 739
    Options
    6 egg beaters, 8oz. diced grilled chicken breast, 2 diced sausage patties, 4 diced strips of apple smoked thick cut bacon, 3 slices Boars Head American cheese ...........

right around 1100 cals, and 123g protein ......4g carbs

These are great on Leg days .......
  • gmthisfeller
    gmthisfeller Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Spinach, diced mushrooms, diced grape tomatoes, crumbled goats cheese. Oh, and don't forget the catsup!
  • clambert1273
    clambert1273 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I just had one this morning...

Mushrooms, spinach, roma tomatoes and feta :)
  • AnsiStar
    AnsiStar Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Any kind of veg and then topped with cheese usually.
    Sometimes I'll make pizza omelettes with a spread of tomato and basil sauce and sliced meat with cheese, or fill a folded one with mince and beans and tabasco for a Mexicanny kind feel.

Have you thought of sweet things too? A Banomelette can be yummy. sliced banana, honey, peanut butter, yogurt...be creative :)
  • nursekirsty
    nursekirsty Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    had one for lunch - onion, mushrooms, ham, cheese and franks hot sauce! amazing
  • LisaUlrey
    LisaUlrey Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Feta cheese, tomatoes and spinach. Yum
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    Given up, mine always stick :(

Mine did too until I got some amazing new cookware. They are ceramic coated, and NOTHING sticks in these pans. I make gorgeous omelets now without any butter or cooking spray. Everything just slides out. They are super easy to clean as well.
    The brand I have is called Green+Life and they are very affordable. Plus you don't have the Teflon coating stuff getting in your food.

I should buy some stock in the company as I tell everyone about them. Had them a year and a half and they are still like new.

ETA, oh,and I usually put ham, cheese, mushrooms, and fresh spinach if I have it, in my omelets. Top it with salsa, guacamole, or avocado, and lately tried gyro sauce on it and it was awesome!
  • shhcher
    shhcher Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Everyday I eat the same omlete but I LOVE IT,! Spinach, mushrooms, swiss and 3 egg whites! Every onve in a while I put a slice of low fat swiss cheese on it. I put one on today... hmmmmmm
  • LadyZephyr
    LadyZephyr Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Any kind of veg and then topped with cheese usually.
    Sometimes I'll make pizza omelettes with a spread of tomato and basil sauce and sliced meat with cheese, or fill a folded one with mince and beans and tabasco for a Mexicanny kind feel.

Have you thought of sweet things too? A Banomelette can be yummy. sliced banana, honey, peanut butter, yogurt...be creative :)

I love the pizza omelette idea! I'll be trying that for sure, though I can't combine sweet/savory things, it just doesn't work for me.
  • taidasrictar
    taidasrictar Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    usually ham and cheese and spinach but half the time i say F it and just make it into scrambled eggs lol
  • SwtPzYaya
    SwtPzYaya Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Egg whites, spinach,
    Salsa or Rotel tomatoes,
    fat free cheese crumbs or feta,
    oregano, pepper, onion powder,
    garlic powder, and turkey bacon crumbles:explode: :love:
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the double-post, MFP...
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    Wonderful question!

Whole eggs, cheese, sauteed onion and mushrooms, cheddar or Gouda cheese, Italian sausage and seasoning, and top with cool, diced tomatoes.
  • MarisaDLS2
    MarisaDLS2 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I have the same omelet every morning.
    The only thing that differs is the greens.

1/2 cup diced red pepper
    1/2 cup diced zucchini
    3 oz broccoli slaw
    20 gm sundried tomatoes in oil

Saute the veg with the SD tomatoes in non stick pan.

2-3 oz fresh spinach or power greens - add to pan to wilt.

Reserve veggie mix in bowl.

Mix in separate bowl:
    3 egg whites
    No salt seasoning
    Red pepper flakes

Swirl in non stick pan
    1 tsp extra virgin olive oil

Add eggwhite mixture to pan and swirl til cooked.

Sprinkle evenly w 1 oz feta cheese.

Cover evenly with veggie mix. Roll into omelet.

Top with sriracha.

Approx 300 calories.
  • Judyls6
    Judyls6 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I use egg whites and add peppers, onion, sharp cheddar and sometimes turkey sausage or bacon ... and salsa. YUM!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Cheese and veggies! Usually mushrooms, onions, and bell peppers
  • mrsjenfrank
    mrsjenfrank Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I like pretty much any veg in my omelette with either ham or bacon. Lately I have been huge on simplicity... eggs, bacon, swiss, and green onion finely chopped. YUM!
  • LAWoman79
    LAWoman79 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Ortega Chilies, cheese and onion.