2»

Replies

• 34blast
    34blast Posts: 166 Member
    Options
  • ksuh999
    ksuh999 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Mostly in the nude until the restraining order.
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    Feet slightly wider than shoulder, toes pointed slightly outward, hands gripped as close together as is comfortable, bar low and elbows back, and *kitten* to the grass.

Rigger

What she said.

Uh, that would be he, I'm a dude, the chick in the picture is my wife, I'm the furry thing standing behind her.

Back on topic, you don't have to give up on the squat challenge, but when you're done with it you should pick up a barbell, you'll thank us later, trust me.

Rigger (the guy)
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    Mostly in the nude until the restraining order.
    In.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    Well, I worked out on my own, to videos, and in sports conditioning classes for a long time. I just did parallel squats. Now I have started CrossFit and am completed unprepared for below parallel (ATG) squats. It's my biggest challenge but I can definitely tell it's giving me a workout and I am not suffering any sore knees or anything. I have been doing a lot more front squats lately and that has really changed muscles involved. I also like grand plie squats and kettle bell goblet squats. I do one legged squats sometimes and my pistol squats are just not there yet.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    If you are working on ATG squats, I think the squat challenge is actually a great opportunity to make the switch and get your form down before adding much weight.
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Like a baby...
    65hOu81.jpg
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Back straight, head neutral, weight on heels. I position my legs in various ways depending on what part of my legs i want to work out. Wider footing for inner thighs, closer footing for outer, and more medium footing to target the quads. Over all your quads and hamstrings are going to get worked out though.
  • cingle87
    cingle87 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Agreed with most of the above, but for me im not an ATG guy, I try not go past parallel or 90 degrees knee bend, that is just my personal preference. If you also have problems doing back squat (barbell resting on your shoulders) you could try in front squat were you rest the barbell across your chest, some people find it more comfortable this way if they can't get the barbell to sit on there back properly, I have been known to swap postition after each set, alternating between rear and front.