I'm really confused? Is this supposed to happen?

Options
So I don't much get on here at all since my personal computer busted, but I do exercise every day and eat under 1300 calories. I focus a lot on crunches, push ups, light lifting, and squats, with light cardio. My stomach fat is going down considerably--which is great!--but I've noticed my NECK IS GETTING FATTER? Like. WHOA. Suddenly nasty as can be double chin?

What is happening to me? I'm really worried and confused.

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    If you're losing weight it will be coming off all over. You can't spot reduce your belly fat so you're probably just seeing some changes in your face now.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing it's just a perception thing. Have you been taking measurements?

Assuming you didn't get bit/stung by something you are allergic too, I don't see how you can be losing noticeably around your midsection, but gaining in your neck/face.
  • littlesthazelnut
    Options

Assuming you didn't get bit/stung by something you are allergic too, I don't see how you can be losing noticeably around your midsection, but gaining in your neck/face.

I have yes. It's only like half an inch, so I suppose it's really only noticeable to me, but it's still big IMO.

And I'm quite sure it's not a perception thing, because I'm definitely carrying more fat under my chin now than I was before.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options

I have yes. It's only like half an inch, so I suppose it's really only noticeable to me, but it's still big IMO.

And I'm quite sure it's not a perception thing, because I'm definitely carrying more fat under my chin now than I was before.

Something isn't adding up. Could it be normal margin for error when measuring? Could it be water retention?

• Fuamami
    Fuamami Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Have you had your thyroid checked? If the gland is swollen, that could be what you are seeing.
  • jules1984
    jules1984 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Maybe you're just retaining water due to your cycle. You may not have noticed before but did this time since you're looking so closely and keeping track.