Lupus(sle) Fibro, Steroids(prednisolone)

Hi anyone else trying to loose weight due to the effects that long term prednisolone can cause?
Would love ot hear how you have managed as dispite always watching what I eat , (and probably being under calorie count per day) due to being able to not exercise, I'm finding it a really slow slow slog ( 14lbs in 18months)

Look forward to hearing from anyone. I'm in the UK but not bothered where people are from , would just like to hear from peeps in similar situation :smile:

Replies

• spoonielass
    spoonielass Posts: 6 Member
    things have now gone totally belly up as prednisolone increased, so now back to square one of 2 years ago :( still only eating about 1250 cals per day too..................
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Aw, crap - I was on that for a while pre and post my ileostomy. I hated it, made me big in the face and proper angry.

Maybe excercise will help the rage?
  • salsagal36
    salsagal36 Posts: 91 Member
    I was on high doses of prednisolone for years and always struggled to lose weight. I still struggle but I've lost 30lbs in the last year. I've not lost any weight in the last 4 months but I've starting lifting weights and I've shrunk 2 dress sizes. My steroid moon face is starting to go as well. It's bloody hard work and I have to rely on pictures to show me a difference because the scales upset me. I'm in the UK too.
  • I am on 8mg of Prednisolone going from 60mg, taking it for Bells palsy. I can't sleep at night and am always hungry but as soon as I have à little something I balloon out and look pregnant then feel like I have eat loads.