• icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Want a flat stomach? Read this article

ezinearticles.com/?Want-a-Flat-Stomach?---Heres-the-Best-Exercise&id=53554
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    It makes sense. But if you want a six pack you have to do crunches and all that, right? But you won't get that six pack until you burn all that fat off your body? If so, why am I bothering to do crunches until I get all the fat burned off my body?
  • Itsindakiss
    Options
    :smile: thanks!
  • iwnt2bcate
    Options
    mechanicmom,

building muscle helps your body to burn fat even when you aren't working out!

so keep crunching.
  • nightangelstars
    nightangelstars Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Mechanicmom,

iwnt2bcate is right, plus working those abs tightens the muscle up, which makes your stomach appear flatter and you appear slimmer even though the fat is still there. Plus the crunches themselves help burn calories which helps you slim down! It's beneficial in many ways so keep it up! You'll be glad you did, I promise!
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I'll keep it up. I wish they were more fun to do! :tongue:
  • Xtracrispy69
    Options
    Everyone has abs, chances are they are buried below our body fat. No crunches will not burn fat off your stomach but they are exercise that do increase muscle size and help to burn calories!
  • Clun1990
    Clun1990 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Every think you are all saying is true but you have to do it all abs work,toning,and exercise cardio exercise is the key, see you can not say ok today is the day I will lose all the fat around my tummy you just can't when you exercise you lose the fat that is the least then when they are done with your body turns to the others, your tummy muscle are the biggest so they will be the last ones to go but if you work hard 3/4 times a week on all over work outs you will do it fast just stick with it and you will see good
  • charny164
    charny164 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Don't forget that strong abs support your lower back which in the long run with everything we do!