Skinny Mini Cupcakes! *MUST CHECK OUT THIS RECIPE*

1121314151618»

Replies

• kayak_kutie
    kayak_kutie Posts: 381 Member
    This is my all time favorite recipe ever! It's so simple to make, it comes out so creamy and soft everytime, and there are so many different variations you can make of it!

Skinny Mini Cupcakes

Yield: 48 cupcakes

Ingredients

For Cupcakes:
    ½ box cake mix (dry mix only)
    2 egg whites
    ½ cup water
    1 6 ounce container yogurt the same flavor as the cake mix
    1 tsp vanilla

Instructions
    1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
    2. Using cupcake liners, line two mini muffin pans with cupcake liners and set aside.
    3. In a stand up mixer or using a hand mixer, mix dry cake mix, vanilla, egg whites, yogurt, and water until well mixed. Mix around 2-3 minutes.
    4. Using a spoon, evenly fill cupcake liners with cake batter.
    5. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center of cupcake comes out clean.

and thats it! No joke! That's all! I got this recipe from this link "http://www.skinnymom.com/2013/04/15/skinny-mini-red-velvet-cupcakes" but its just so free to alter!

When I first tried it, I made the red velvet cupcakes as the recipe says and for one cupcake it was 26 Calories, 4 Carbs, 1 Fat, 1 Protein, 3 Sugar, 1 Calcium.... YES ONLY 26 CALORIES!

I got so excited I couldn't believe it! The yogurt gave it a bright red color and it was so soft and creamy! Not only is it healthy it was the best red velvet anything I've ever had!!!!

So it got me thinking, what if I could make other type of cupcakes with this? And right away I had to try another recipe!

Next I made vanilla cupcakes (using Pillsbury Traditional Yellow Cake Mix and Dannon Light & Fit Vanilla yogurt) and they had the same creamy consistency! They were amazing! and guess what! These ones were only 19 calories! (19 Calories, 4 Carbs, 0 Fat, 1 Protein, 2 Sugar, 1 Calcium)

I can't wait to try out this recipe with more flavors, like lemon, orange, or banana! My next adventure will probably be strawberry! I also wanna try chocolate cake mix with cherry yogurt to see if it tastes like cherries and chocolate (that's my favorite flavor anything)

That's it for now, but seriously you NEED to try this out. K bye! (:
  • kayak_kutie
    kayak_kutie Posts: 381 Member
    I made a variation of these tonight...HOLY MOLY they are excellent! I love the soft velvety texture of them. I made mine as regular sized cupcakes and they came out to just 94 cals each (and that's including the glaze I made)!

Here's my version:

1/2 box Betty Crocker Supermoist Cherry Chip Cake Mix
    6 oz container Yoplait very cherry light yogurt
    2 egg whites
    1/2 cup water

Mix all ingredients together. Line 12 cupcake tins with liners and divide batter between cups. Bake at 350* for about 20 minutes. Let cool.

Glaze:
    46 grams powdered sugar
    1/2 tbsp. maraschino cherry juice (or you could use grenadine, or cherry syrup, such as Torani or DaVinci brand)
    1/2 tbsp. milk
    1/2 tsp almond extract

Mix all ingredients for glaze in a bowl and drizzle evenly on top of cooled cupcakes. I put my cupcakes in the fridge after glazing for about 10 minutes to let the glaze harden up a bit.

These are absolutely DELICIOUS!!!

Very clever! Thanks for the recipe and to all for the great ideas and variations! Missed this last summer so now I'm thinking of an autumnal version...maybe spice cake or carrot cake with a pretty spot of Cool Whip cream cheese frosting piped on to hold one lovely pecan or a dusting of chopped pecans (or maybe I could make the clever glaze with cinnamon instead of cherry). Making the cake with vanilla yogurt would work, but wondering if anyone has a more decadent yogurt flavor to recommend?
  • Nicholec2003
    Nicholec2003 Posts: 158 Member
    bump
  • coltsgirl311
    coltsgirl311 Posts: 226 Member
    These sound awesome!
  • dana8121
    dana8121 Posts: 30 Member
    YAY!!!
  • honey_bee_keysha
    honey_bee_keysha Posts: 773 Member
    bump
  • Songbirdcw
    Songbirdcw Posts: 320 Member
    This will make my booty go bump bump bump! :wink: :bigsmile:
  • Atarahh
    Atarahh Posts: 485 Member
    BUMP
  • SuperCrsa
    SuperCrsa Posts: 790 Member
    mmm looks good BUMP!
  • jodie414
    jodie414 Posts: 9 Member
    Thanks for sharing! Probably making some for Thanksgiving so I'm not tempted by all the full sugar and fat goodies!
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Bumpity bump
  • RNP247
    RNP247 Posts: 15
    sounds good, I'm going to have to try this out :)
  • sunnshhiine
    sunnshhiine Posts: 727 Member
    This is my all time favorite recipe ever! It's so simple to make, it comes out so creamy and soft everytime, and there are so many different variations you can make of it!

Skinny Mini Cupcakes

Yield: 48 cupcakes

Ingredients

For Cupcakes:
    ½ box cake mix (dry mix only)
    2 egg whites
    ½ cup water
    1 6 ounce container yogurt the same flavor as the cake mix
    1 tsp vanilla

Instructions
    1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
    2. Using cupcake liners, line two mini muffin pans with cupcake liners and set aside.
    3. In a stand up mixer or using a hand mixer, mix dry cake mix, vanilla, egg whites, yogurt, and water until well mixed. Mix around 2-3 minutes.
    4. Using a spoon, evenly fill cupcake liners with cake batter.
    5. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center of cupcake comes out clean.

and thats it! No joke! That's all! I got this recipe from this link "http://www.skinnymom.com/2013/04/15/skinny-mini-red-velvet-cupcakes" but its just so free to alter!

When I first tried it, I made the red velvet cupcakes as the recipe says and for one cupcake it was 26 Calories, 4 Carbs, 1 Fat, 1 Protein, 3 Sugar, 1 Calcium.... YES ONLY 26 CALORIES!

I got so excited I couldn't believe it! The yogurt gave it a bright red color and it was so soft and creamy! Not only is it healthy it was the best red velvet anything I've ever had!!!!

So it got me thinking, what if I could make other type of cupcakes with this? And right away I had to try another recipe!

Next I made vanilla cupcakes (using Pillsbury Traditional Yellow Cake Mix and Dannon Light & Fit Vanilla yogurt) and they had the same creamy consistency! They were amazing! and guess what! These ones were only 19 calories! (19 Calories, 4 Carbs, 0 Fat, 1 Protein, 2 Sugar, 1 Calcium)

I can't wait to try out this recipe with more flavors, like lemon, orange, or banana! My next adventure will probably be strawberry! I also wanna try chocolate cake mix with cherry yogurt to see if it tastes like cherries and chocolate (that's my favorite flavor anything)

That's it for now, but seriously you NEED to try this out. K bye! (:

BUMP!!
  • lsigall
    lsigall Posts: 58 Member
    bump
  • jellybeanhed313
    jellybeanhed313 Posts: 344 Member
    Nice, thanks!! :)
  • beaches222
    beaches222 Posts: 437 Member
    bump
  • VelveteenArabian
    VelveteenArabian Posts: 758 Member
    I am so making these for my workplace holiday potluck!

Has anyone modified this for use with a full box of mix?
    What size box of mix?
  • buttshrink
    buttshrink Posts: 32 Member
    Yum! Thanks.
  • jmacaroni
    jmacaroni Posts: 243 Member
    Bump!