30 day shred

Options
Does anyone know how much calories you burn doing the 30 day shred? Also how to add this work out?

Replies

• RachelFrost1
    RachelFrost1 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Your calories burned are going to vary based on your body and your level of effort. I usually enter it as circuit training. I don't have a heart rate monitor so I don't know the exact calories that I burn.
  • Hannah_Hopes
    Hannah_Hopes Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I read this -it's what i used idk how accurate but its better than mfp's overestimate
    " 30 day shred calorie burn - 3.267 calories burnt per pound every hour.
    Multiply by weight to get how many calories per hour you would burn and divide by 3 to get each 20 minute work out "

I add as circuit training :smile:
  • meledo85
    meledo85 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thanks I will do that
  • meledo85
    Options
    multiply your weight by what? Sorry I'm confused
  • 50racinggirl
    50racinggirl Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I use a heart rate monitor and enter it as cardio.
  • meledo85
    Options
    I read this -it's what i used idk how accurate but its better than mfp's overestimate
    Multiply by weight to get how many calories per hour you would burn and divide by 3 to get each 20 minute work out "

Nevermind I understand now. Thank your for your help.
  • meledo85
    Options
    I use a heart rate monitor and enter it as cardio.

If you don't mind me asking, according to your heart rate monitor what is the usual burn?
  • Mistraal1981
    Mistraal1981 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Using my hrm it reports that the 25 mins I'm doing the shred (warm up included, but not the cool down as I normally hit the elliptical after) ranges between 200- 230 cals burned depending on the effort I put in.
  • Life_is_Good
    Life_is_Good Posts: 361 Member
    Options

Where did you get this info? Are there more equations based on level of activity?
  • Kylabgeek
    Kylabgeek Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Good evening ladies! I hope you all had a good day!

Day 1 was completed this morning :-). I had to modify some but not as much as the last time I began this video.

How was everyone else's workout today?
  • Hannah_Hopes
    Hannah_Hopes Posts: 273 Member
    Options

Where did you get this info? Are there more equations based on level of activity?

It's been thrown around a lot on different forums it seems to match up with people's HRM's, It's apparently from Jillian's own website :ohwell:
  • Legals81
    Legals81 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I am on day 3 of Level one if anyone wants to add me as a shred buddy feel free.
    I usually burn between 200-230. I use a heart rate monitor. You can enter it as 30 Day Shred if you use the "create an exercise" button.