Help make cottage cheese more eatable

Options

Replies

• purplepopsicles
    Options
    mix it with applesauce! sounds weird but is really good
  • montreal_wanderers
    Options
    I actually eat cottage cheese for breakfast. Usually I add 1-2 tablespoons of peanut butter and 1/4 to 1/2 cup of milk. Stir it together, throw in a cut up banana, and that is bliss in a bowl for me! I definitely think if you add a flavor to it you may like it better. But honestly if you cannot stand the taste, simply don't eat it. There are plenty of other high protein foods out there. Try eating avocados - they offer protein, fiber, and unsaturated fat all in one. I hope this helps!
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    I add some sugar free jam or jelly but if you don't like it or are bothered by the texture, I'd find a suitable substitute & just give it to the dog :drinker:
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I agree that you should never eat anything you don't like.

My favorite way to eat cottage cheese is with cold crushed pineapple!

I also like it with salt, pepper, and a diced up juicy tomatoe.

But find something else if you don't like cottage cheese!
  • lwakeman1
    lwakeman1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Mix in a blender equal parts cottage cheese, quick oats, and almond (or other) milk. Then, add one scoop of protein powder (any flavor, chocolate is very good and am going to test banana). You can also add 1/2 tsp cinnamon or pumpkin pie season to make it especially flavorful. For an added boost of texture, flavor and protein, I add some chopped pecans when I first pour the batter on the griddle. I have been working with baking powder to see if I can get them to rise a bit, because they are pretty thin.

You not only can't taste the cottage cheese, but you get a real protein and fiber boost without tons of extra calories, and they taste a lot like regular pancakes. I make a batch up at the beginning of the week, and bring some to work and pop them in the toaster. Great for a quick, easy, tasty and nutritious snack/meal.

You can add in all sorts of flavorings to jazz it up to your taste.
  • lauraspberry
    lauraspberry Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Mix it with a bit of honey
  • jeffmo32
    jeffmo32 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Never used to like it. Now, I eat it with walnuts and banana peppers. It's addictive!
  • minuz5
    minuz5 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I love cottage cheese. I eat it with pineapple or blueberries and a drop of maple syrup. Yummy :smile:

exactly ^^! How people find it uneatable, bull****! :D
  • emartin17
    emartin17 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    peaches, or pineapple, or cherry tomatoes with some pepper.

it really depends if you like sweet or savory.

there are shake recipes out there too. I tried a strawberry chocolate one, not exactly my fave but it can be done.
  • arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    There is nothing that will make this culinary monstrosity palatable.
  • ChetThaker
    ChetThaker Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Try adding some raisins and cinnamon powder. Also if you have it with Apple slices this also is nice.
  • Slaintegrl
    Slaintegrl Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I'm one of those who loves cottage cheese - always have. I can eat it plain but I also like to add fresh fruit or veggies. It's great with bell pepper (green or red), a bit of Mrs. Dash. It's also good (to me) with seasonings that are salt-free. But I agree with many of the other posters, if you don't like it, you probably won't be satisfied. Good luck finding something that you do like which will satisfy your need for protein while being something you enjoy!
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    You don't have to eat cottage cheese. You could have an egg, some chicken, turkey, etc. instead.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,871 Member
    Options
    My suggestion would be to not eat foods that you don't like. There is nothing magical about cottage cheese and there are numerous and better protein sources if that's all you're concerned with. I don't touch that nasty curdled up ****...disgusting.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who smiles at the thought of something 'eatable'?
    I swear, I'm not being facetious, it sounds incredibly cute in my head.

tumblr_me65qpH1D01rlfjmeo1_500.gif
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    You can't make it edible, it's disgusting. Only good use for it is in lasagna.
    I love cottage cheese as is. You mean not everyone does?
  • peasantsong
    peasantsong Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I eat cottage cheese every day and I love it! But I hate every brand I've ever tried except for Knudsen 2%. Every other brand I've tried is terrible - sour and just gross tasting. But Knudsen is so good I can eat it plain and I love it.
  • JenSD6
    JenSD6 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I love it best with just a little salt and pepper.
  • BenjaminMFP88
    BenjaminMFP88 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Just eat something else then. It's not necessary to eat before bed. Just find something else with protein in it that you do like.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Don't eat foods you don't like. There are so many other sources of protein.