The Strangest Place You've Ever Had.....

DOMS!

I bet you all were thinking something completely different, weren't you?? :wink: Actually, so was I, but that's a topic for another time....

Anyway....I hit some pretty sweet PR's for my hip thrusts and low and behold I have some pretty awesome DOMS in the mid region...technical term being "VAG DOMS".

Where is the strangest place that you've had DOMS and what have you done to make it feel all better? :wink: :drinker:

Replies

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    In because I'm now scared of hip thrusts...
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Don't be scared....join us hip thrusters on the dark side :smokin:
  • sassyrayofsunshine
    sassyrayofsunshine Posts: 499 Member
    Normally a nice massage does the trick ;)
  • farmgirlrrt
    farmgirlrrt Posts: 168 Member
    What is/are DOMS?
  • sub10orbust
    sub10orbust Posts: 706 Member
    came in to brag left disappointed
  • TripleRadiance275
    TripleRadiance275 Posts: 148 Member
    Hmm ankles from hiking through a freshly tilled field with 30lbs on my back was a weird one.
  • 42hockeymom
    42hockeymom Posts: 521 Member
    What is/are DOMS?

In for the same thing........ What be this DOMS you are speaking of?
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    What is/are DOMS?

DOMS = Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness

And to the OP...I can't say that I've had it there, but have had some pretty good @$$ DOMS from those darned glute bridges. :love:
  • MJC22712
    MJC22712 Posts: 50 Member
    Abs, but the strange part was I working chest and back. A lot of what I did used a stability ball so I had to engage my core, a day later my abs were killing me.
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member

Anyway....I hit some pretty sweet PR's for my hip thrusts and low and behold I have some pretty awesome DOMS in the mid region...technical term being "VAG DOMS".

I must be doing them wrong
    *kicks rocks
  • tinacrane
    tinacrane Posts: 134 Member
    DOMS from ziplining on a 12 mile course; some in the cannonball position...ABS!
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    These forums are soooo informative. I learn something new every day.

'Cause I didn't know that you could get Vag DOMS from working in the gym. I think I would feel kind of cheated if I felt all worn out there just from hip thrusts. You know, without even a cuddle or anything.
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member

'Cause I didn't know that you could get Vag DOMS from working in the gym. I think I would feel kind of cheated if I felt all worn out there just from hip thrusts. You know, without even a cuddle or anything.

QFT....After wiping the beverage off my monitor. :laugh:
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    I did the good girl/bad girl machine last week and the taint DOMs were not pleasant.
  • 42hockeymom
    42hockeymom Posts: 521 Member
    Oh, ok then.

Well while this only happened a handful of times when I worked in EMS, I'd have to say the worst DOMS I've ever had was glutes after administering CPR to a patient the day before, always the glutes. No one I worked with ever experienced this.
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    I did the good girl/bad girl machine last week and the taint DOMs were not pleasant.

Ohhhh that's a good one. I also love that you did the good girl/bad girl machine :love:
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy

Hmmm....this is a very valid point. Perhaps I should be expecting more from my sessions. Setting my goals a little higher. Maybe I'm settling for less than I deserve.

Really, it's over pretty quick....and then to have the pain after......
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy

I like the way you think :drinker:
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Yes, I was thinking of something else, but your post was much worse than I though. I hope that your vagina feels better soon. :flowerforyou:

I literally LOLd :laugh: I think that she might be too sore for a massage.

What is/are DOMS?
    I think we all know that the OP used DOMS as a way to refer to D* Or Male Sexbits. Duh...or possibly D* Or Manual Sex.
  • joolywooly33
    joolywooly33 Posts: 421 Member
    My big toe - don't ask!
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    I've had the upper inner thigh DOMS (not really vag doms, but close :) from some really REALLY intense yoga positions! Very sore, but in a good way. Had another date, er session, er class with the same instructor a week later :heart:
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    walmart parking lot, weird because of the proximity of a homeless man

oh wait... this was one of those threads.
  • TammyW18
    TammyW18 Posts: 244 Member
    [/quote]

HAHAHA!

For me Gluteus Maximus! From extending my run...trying to explain to my boss why I can't sit ;)
  • funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    Lucky barbell......didn't even have to cuddle afterwards.
  • Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    I had hamstring DOMS from benching. Not as cool, but equally weird. (It was a legal lift, just a lot of leg drive!)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    My jaw...

was doing some 1 RM deads a few months back and my jaw was sore for like 4 days afterwards.
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    My jaw...

was doing some 1 RM deads a few months back and my jaw was sore for like 4 days afterwards.

Clenching?

Or doing it wrong? Lol wait..I got sidetracked haha
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    I just added hip thrusts. They hurt like hell and I'm terribly weak at it.
  • ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    I was so ready to answer this until I read the rest of the first post. SO ready.
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    I just added hip thrusts. They hurt like hell and I'm terribly weak at it.

I have only ever used a folded up towel across my lap (like in my profile pic) but eff at 170lbs it really doesn't do much good. And I just remembered that I forgot to go buy one of the actual cushion things today :sad: They are a great exercise though...not enough men do them, IMO.