wallet chains...yes or no?

Options
hookilau
hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
What are your thoughts on wallet chains?

I have an active job that requires me to have my keys handy at all times. I'm a Pet Sitter & if I lock my working keys or car keys in someone's house, my day comes to a screaming halt & it's a nightmare.

To this end, I have a duplicate set in my car but still, some people have goofy locks on their homes and I've found myself on more than one occasion with a doggie on a leash & no way to get back into the house (that IS until I made a duplicate working set).

So, since I drive a lot, & I'm now compulsive about my keys, I wear a chain wallet (it's actually a slip collar, which doubles as a security collar when I have a dog who can slip his flat buckle collar).

This got me to thinking that as a kid growing up, we all had them but now here I am, 46 yrs old and I'm back to wearing one. Mine is utilitarian so I could give a rat's *kitten* whether it looks all right or not but I couldn't help but wonder today as I put on my AmEa hoodie with thermals & high tops (complete with chained wallet) as I got ready for early morning dog walks, that my 'uniform' is JUST as it was when I was 17. :huh:

Anyhow....chained wallets...what do you think of them?

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    lol that is kind of cute.

Chain wallets make me think "guy" and then "1990s" but that is not a bad thing by any means. From your profile photo and description of your lifestyle, it sounds like you totally pull it off w/ flair!

Sometimes I find myself going back to my old "uniform" as well. Yesterday at work I had on a black long sleeve tee, wider leg jeans, dark nail polish and a spiky looking necklace. Normally I wear colorful modern, slightly more professional-looking stuff and relatively little black. But that outfit was so similar to myself at 14 yrs old! haha
  • hookilau
    Options
    I know right?...I think of boys too & now that I think of it, my 17 yr old son wears one :laugh:
    I'm sure it's because I've lost enough weight that it all seems so familiar to me now & comfortable as it did when I was younger.

And you've got me pegged pretty well...I *do* rock it out :bigsmile: and I recently got my hair cut to a familiar longish shag that seems to work well. :blushing:

I stopped short of hair chalk though :laugh:

ETA: you look & sound like you rocked that ol' 'uniform' yesterday tooo!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Thanks lady! LOL
  • heylookitsval
    heylookitsval Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    Not a good look....Unless you're a 15 year old skater boy in 1995.
  • hookilau
    Options
    Not a good look....Unless you're a 15 year old skater boy in 1995.

:laugh: yep. That's what I look like :blushing: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    ETA: about a week ago, a boy on his BMX doing bunny hops in the street, fell as he tried to keep his eyes on me without staring outright. All I could do was shrug & smile as the bulldog I was walking tried to grab a bite of his front tire as we went past (cause it's a bulldog & she thinks all bikes, motorcycles & skateboards are things she can grab if she lunges hard enough). :tongue:
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Lot of Bikers have them. Makes sense. I don't though.

<<<<My wallet is the one that says.......
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    nahhh- do the fanny pack thing.
  • hookilau
    Options
    Lot of Bikers have them. Makes sense. I don't though.

<<<<My wallet is the one that says.......

lol!...I've ridden on the b!tch seat more times than I care to remember :blushing:
    these days the shirts stay ON though :laugh:
  • hookilau
    Options
    nahhh- do the fanny pack thing.

:noway: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    new-girl-nick-face-misomeru.gif
  • catneon
    catneon Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Sup!
    tom-brady-chain-wallet.jpg
  • itsfruitcake
    itsfruitcake Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    You should get the short spikey hair and perhaps an eyebrow piercing to go with it :tongue:
  • Try_N_HoldMeBack
    Try_N_HoldMeBack Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My husband wears one!! He has dropped his in a wood chipper before and learned his lesson! I think its fine for anyone to have one!! I would wear one if I had pants with pockets but seeing how im in workout clothes most of the time I don't have that option!! btw I lose **** constantly, im very absent minded sometimes! Give me a break I have a 4 year old and she drives me nuts, so yes a chain is fine!!! YOu do you!!!!!!!!!!!
  • hookilau
    Options
    Sup!

yeah, the pants & flip flops make it look reeeeeeally geeky :laugh:
  • heylookitsval
    heylookitsval Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    Sup!

I'd hit it.
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    The only chain I wear is around my...

Uh, nevermind.
  • hookilau
    Options
    My husband wears one!! He has dropped his in a wood chipper before and learned his lesson! I think its fine for anyone to have one!! I would wear one if I had pants with pockets but seeing how im in workout clothes most of the time I don't have that option!! btw I lose **** constantly, im very absent minded sometimes! Give me a break I have a 4 year old and she drives me nuts, so yes a chain is fine!!! YOu do you!!!!!!!!!!!

wood chipper??? :laugh: O man.
    Yep, I never lose mine and I always have an alternative for a slippery doggie :drinker:
    Wearing it with confidence! :drinker: