Help make cottage cheese more eatable

Options
13»

Replies

• Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    i mix it with oats, vanilla (or chocolate or chocolate peanut butter) protein powder, banana, chai seeds and jello cheesecake mix. and a teeny bit of milk :~) Yes its' weird.. but it taste like banana cheesecake (or chocolate PB banana) pudding. I've put jam in it too or PB and jam.. although I always find that too sweet.
  • lwakeman1
    lwakeman1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    i mix it with oats, vanilla (or chocolate or chocolate peanut butter) protein powder, banana, chai seeds and jello cheesecake mix. and a teeny bit of milk :~) Yes its' weird.. but it taste like banana cheesecake (or chocolate PB banana) pudding. I've put jam in it too or PB and jam.. although I always find that too sweet.

Sounds really good. Will have to add this to my meal plan!

The best thing about cottage cheese is it's low cost/high value. Low in cals for the amount of protein you get, plus satiate-ability! It is also very available. You can get it just about anywhere that sells dairy and you don't have to cook it (like most other proteins).

Thanks for sharing.
  • mapenguinkeeper
    Options
    fruit and/or granola

chopped cucumber and dill

agree, the brand makes ALL the DIFF. I had some truly horrific tasting ones. I prefer Horizon 2% organic or Organic Valley 2%.
  • VeganLexi
    VeganLexi Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Just don't eat it...
  • madmamaontherun
    madmamaontherun Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I mix in some powdered ranch dip & put that on my salad instead of dressing. I also eat it with fruits. On top of crackers with hot sauce, or mix in a little pistachio (or any flavor) jello powder + pineapple+ whipped topping. Good luck!
  • SaraLily
    Options
    I'm probably just repeating what someone already said, but you should try plain greek yogurt instead. You can put in some fruit, it's good and full of protein without much sugar. :)