Safeway bakery donuts nutrition?

Options
I ate a Safeway apple fritter at a meeting this morning and am trying to find nutritional info for it. It isn't on the database and Safeway doesn't seem to have the nutrition info on their website. Other websites are saying anywhere between 185 and 445 calories. Anyone know where I can find this?

Replies

• catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    The only thing I can suggest is looking on the sainsburys site for the closest product...then err on the side of caution and add a few calories.

EDIT: Have you tried looking under Morrisons as thats the name theyre now trading under. Are you In the UK? And what exactly is an apple fritter? Fritter usually means that something is fried I thought
  • photo_kyla
    photo_kyla Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I'm in the US. Safeway is a really big grocery store chain here. Apple fritters are drop donuts with diced pieces of apple in them, fried and glazed. Safeway's bakery usually has a big donut selection, but their website doesn't have the info (I thought that was mandatory now...)
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    Ah right, safeways became part of the morrison group over here. I thought labelling was mandatory too. I think the fritters are probably a US thing so maybe look at other stores and see if you can find anything similar. Failing that go with a regular glazed doughnut and add a fair few calories for the apple and to err on the side of caution.
  • chronosfire
    Options
    I would say that the Tim Horton's Apple Fritter would be very close to the Safeway one.
  • bsexton3
    bsexton3 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I emailed our local IGA for theirs and received the answer within 24 hours. Theirs are similar to Safeway in size and have 320 calories.