30 Day Shred - Starting 10/24

Options

Replies

• orange_avocado
    Options
    Nope, you win virgierox, I am terribly sore. Just did Day 2 but it was like forcing myself to wade through water. My shoulders are stiff and my abs hurt. My legs are okay, but I think that's because I've been doing TurboKick and we do a lot of the same moves (squats, jumping jacks, etc).

lizziamber - I know, those side lunges are killer! My arms buuuurn by the time I get there. Today I managed to do the first set with weights (better than yesterday) but had to put them down for the second set. My shoulders are le weak. :brokenheart:

What weights are y'all using? I'm doing 3lb hand weights, and I think I want to push it up to 5lbs when I hit the 5 day mark (I know, masochist). Then I'll probably go back down to 3 when I start W2.
  • LoganScottsMom
    LoganScottsMom Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm interested, but I've got to purchase the DVD first. HA
  • jcg926
    jcg926 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    After thinking, "Hey, this isn't so bad!" after Day 1... I now take it back! I'm doing 30DS before work in the mornings and then my regular nightly workout as well. At least, I was.

Day 2 was fine during the workout itself, but as the day went on while at work, my legs got more and more sore. I still made it to the gym last night, but only did an incline on the treadmill instead of running or doing the elliptical.

This morning, which would have been Day 3... I couldn't even stand up right out of bed. And it hasn't gotten any better all day. I could barely walk. Needless to say, I skipped Jillian AND the gym today... :frown:

I had a really hard time moving around last night as well- a little (TINY) bit better this morning, but getting on and off the toilet is the worst!! It's my quads that are killing me and my biceps a little today as well.

And I agree with you ladies- the first circuit is the WORST! I'm just glad it's over with at the beginning!!
  • hockey247
    hockey247 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I just literally laughed out loud reading about the punches and chest fly's. I swear I think I am taking a break when doing them. I'm still cursing through the first cardio section of jumping jacks/ skipping rope ( gasp for air).

However today will be my 4th day in a row so I really hope I start to see the scale move since it hasn't yet and my eating has been pretty good. I am feeling less sore today so I'm ready for more.
  • orange_avocado
    Options
    hockey247, I think she even says something during the chest flys about how they're a recovery stage. Yep! Makes me feel better about having to get up and do those crazy side lunges raises.

Also, I've been ramping up the cardio on the punching section by incorporating some moves from my kickboxing class. I couldn't find any good resources or videos to demonstrate, but basically punch up and across and then down and across. So up-left, up-right, down-left, down-right... (with the opposite arms) You can feel your torso reeeally working and you get a much higher burn.
  • BleacherAddict
    Options
    legs were functional enough to get back in the groove today. and it actually seemed much easier today as well. thank goodness! now... off to the gym! :happy:
  • LoganScottsMom
    Options
    I did it... I bought the DVD last night. I did day one last night and day two this morning. Yes, I woke up at 4:30 a.m. I hope I can keep up the motivation.
  • orange_avocado
    Options
    Skipped my 30DS this morning because the boyfriend was sleeping in after 3 mornings in a row of waking up extra early, so I decided to join him. I'm going to make sure I squeeze it in tonight when I get home from work, though - I am not losing my tenuous 2 day streak! 30 Days or bust! :explode:
  • ironmule
    Options
    I actually just started this on the 25th. Having never really done any of these videos before It kicked my butt the first couple of days. I took last night off because my arms couldn't handle it another night. I did however jump on my exercise bike for a 24 min hill program to make sure I got some work in. Back to the 30DS tonight. I need to finish close to Thanksgiving so I can enjoy the meal that day and not feel guilty. :-P
  • hockey247
    Options
    So I did the 30DS last night and that makes it 4 days in a row. My shins ( bones) are literally killing me. I think I jump wrong and land of the ball of my foot causing a whole bunch of pressure. I hope I can figure out what I am going wrong :(

I haven't weighed myself but as of yesterday I hadn't lost any weight. I am hoping the scale will start to show an improvement soon.

I am planning on shredding tonight-- I just hope I don't hurt myself worse.

Has anyone tried Chalean extreme? I'm wondering if there is less impact with that workout.
  • LoganScottsMom
    Options
    Two words -- "HOLY CRAP". I'm so sore its not funny. I did NOT get up to do the 30 day shred this morning. Every muscle in my body hurts... However, I did do running last night. I wonder if it will still be effective if I do the 30 day shred every other day....and run in between?

Day one -- 10/26 (at night)
    Day two - 10/27 (at 4:30 and ran for 20 minutes in the evening)
    Day three -- HOLY CRAP -- didn't make the 4:30 goal, but maybe this evening?????
  • ginnyroxx
    ginnyroxx Posts: 763
    Options
    Two words -- "HOLY CRAP". I'm so sore its not funny. I did NOT get up to do the 30 day shred this morning. Every muscle in my body hurts... However, I did do running last night. I wonder if it will still be effective if I do the 30 day shred every other day....and run in between?

Day one -- 10/26 (at night)
    Day two - 10/27 (at 4:30 and ran for 20 minutes in the evening)
    Day three -- HOLY CRAP -- didn't make the 4:30 goal, but maybe this evening?????

it *does* get easier to finish and your muscles adjust. They don't feel wonderful, but I can get on and off the toilet without wincing now :D

today is my day 6
  • garedds
    garedds Posts: 251
    Options
    Well ladies, I have been doing it for 10 days now and FINALLY I have weight loss. I was so discouraged as I gained weight at the beginning (I know it's normal-but still discouraging). By today I lost all had gained (4 pounds) and another 2 pounds! I also measured myself and had lost an inch off my hips and waist, and half an inch off my arms. YAY!! I was so excited to see it all. Hope this encourages any of you struggling through this DVD with me. It's funny I now consider my elliptical trainer a "light" workout compared to the DVD. And yes, I hate the first circut!! But then I feel like I can do the rest.
  • orange_avocado
    Options
    garedds, glad to hear you're seeing results! I think I'm going through that "gain at the beginning" and it's very discouraging.

Last night's workout went well - I did an entire set of "man" pushups! But then had to switch to "girlie" pushups after about 10 seconds during the second set. :tongue: I also kept my weights for the *entire* side-lunge-arm-raise part but it hurt soooo bad! :sad:

I ran at the gym yesterday after my 30DS, so I took this morning off and am going to do it after work again today. Heading on to day 4!
  • hockey247
    Options
    Well ladies, I have been doing it for 10 days now and FINALLY I have weight loss. I was so discouraged as I gained weight at the beginning (I know it's normal-but still discouraging). By today I lost all had gained (4 pounds) and another 2 pounds! I also measured myself and had lost an inch off my hips and waist, and half an inch off my arms. YAY!! I was so excited to see it all. Hope this encourages any of you struggling through this DVD with me. It's funny I now consider my elliptical trainer a "light" workout compared to the DVD. And yes, I hate the first circut!! But then I feel like I can do the rest.

That's fantastic and thank you soooo much for posting it. I am almost in tears since today will be day 6 and the scale hasn't moved. When I was doing Slim in 6-- the scale was moving. I will just keep doing the DVD and have confidence the weight will follow.

I'm lol right now because I hate that first circuit!!
  • kdsmith
    kdsmith Posts: 250
    Options
    I'm late and started today! My arms are sore already!!
  • garedds
    garedds Posts: 251
    Options
    Just wanted to share a little funny. My 4 y/o son is home some days when I exersice (I try and do it when he's at preschool other days). Anyways, he has started saying "Are you going to do your crunchies, mommy?" How cute!
  • kdsmith
    kdsmith Posts: 250
    Options
    Just wanted to share a little funny. My 4 y/o son is home some days when I exersice (I try and do it when he's at preschool other days). Anyways, he has started saying "Are you going to do your crunchies, mommy?" How cute!

Too cute!! Mine use wooden spoons for their hand weights!
  • jcg926
    jcg926 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Keep up the great work!! Amy- thanks for letting us know your progress! I have a good feeling that I won't see anything at my first weigh-in, but it's encouraging to know that after that first hump, it gets better.

I got through day 5 today, and I struggled a lot (STILL) during the first circuit cardio. Bah! But the great news is that my muscles don't hurt hardly at all right now... I never thought it would happen, lol!
  • ironmule
    Options
    I just finished Day 5 and I have to say I'm really liking this program. This is the first time I've ever exercised beyond hiking and It's doing wonders so far. I haven't shown any weight loss yet but I find I am far less tired than I was on day 1. I can't wait to see where this leads from here. :-)

Also I was wondering if there were any guys out there like me using this video? I was interested what other guys think of the program...