Ditched the diet food... HELP!!!!!!

Options
I've been on a pre made meals diet for the past 6 months.. 1200 Cals limited mobility and lost 2 .5 stone within the first 2 months but been going nowhere for the past few so i decided to just try using mfp and REAL food , maybe some regular exercise.

im 5.9ft
sw 17.6st
cw 15.2st
gw 12st
ugw 8-10st and see what im happy with ???

mfp still gives me 1200 cals per day ..does this ever change?

Any friends and advise welcome, i will open my food diary etc but not much to see as i basically lost interest with not seeing any results on the scales for the past few months :/

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    MFP gave you 1200 because you ask if for an aggressive goal. Usually choosing 2 lbs a week will do it for sure.
  • j0705
    j0705 Posts: 185
    Options
    i did set it to 2lb a week goal :)
  • ElsaVonMarmalade
    ElsaVonMarmalade Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Do you have it set to lose 2 pounds per week? Set it to lose half a pound per week and you will get more food. I am 5 inches shorter than you and I get 1400.

ETA: Seeing the above, you answered my question. There is no need to hurry. Put it on .5 or 1 pound a week as your goal and you'll get more food and probably stick with it easier.
  • Melionfire
    Melionfire Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    1200 calories is the lowest Mfp will go. If you put in that you r sedentary which most people aren't and that you want to lose 2 pounds a week it will give you 1200 by default. Mfp expects you to eat back your exercise calories. You can change your goals anytime by going to goals than click change goals. You can customize your plan and chose your own daily calories and macros micros or you can just change the activity level or desired weekly weight loss goal. Hope that made sense!
  • samrockrocks
    samrockrocks Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Calculate your TDEE and maunally set 20% below that as your calorie goal. MFP is whacky. A lot of the time eating more will actually you lose!

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
  • j0705
    j0705 Posts: 185
    Options
    Im not in rush to lose weight just as long as im not gaining im happy :wink:

thats a good link thanks ad yes it makes sense :smile: