Saying Goodbye to Day 1

Options
wimpywrx
wimpywrx Posts: 103 Member
So with a lot of worry on my mind about how this is going to go and to make sure this is a 100% in for the long haul day one started.
The goal was set and on the screen it looked doable.
So it was all or nothing and the ALL gave me a quick kick up the *kitten* and the toaster wondered what was going on as normally all 4 slices are used but not today sorry its just 2 of you. That was cool as to be honest i was not hungry when i finished and the nice cup of tea just finished it off. Lunch was easy as was tea time. Even the kids said "Dad, wheres the rest of your dinner" lol No snacking as such during the day but found i had come up way under my goal number but to be honest having tea before 6pm is a tuff one so come 9:30pm i was a little hungry but nothing a bowl of special K could not sort out.
So the end of day 1 saw me 383 under my target calorie number and no rumbles in the tummy and it's 11pm. looking forward to day 2 now.

Replies

• tfleischer
    tfleischer Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    THere you go. Day 1 becomes Day 2, becomes Week 1, becomes Week 2, becomes Month and then you will look back and see where you have been and how far you have come.
    Good luck. If I can help, let me know.
    Tim
  • wimpywrx
    Options
    Cheers Tim
    When i woke this morning i was strangely looking forward to the day and thinking what I cold do for my main meal. (blog started)
    Also when i go shopping i normally just chuck things in the trolly, today it took 45 minutes longer but we read all the details on the packaging and by the time we reached the checkout the trolly looked rather different from the old trolly. Got my first swim session tomorrow so looking forward to that.

On an even better note. My blood sugar's are the best they have ever been.

Iain
  • PaulaCribben
    PaulaCribben Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!!! Here's to your continued success!!!! The folks in this community are super supportive, so this is a great place to get positive feedback!!! Good luck!!

Paula
  • AusAshMommy
    AusAshMommy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Getting started can sometimes be the hardest thing to do - keeping going gets easier with each passing day as it becomes habit to reconstruct your eating and building an exercise routine into your day!

You've found a great supportive group of people who will be there during the whole process!
  • cursiny
    cursiny Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    Starting is the hardest! Way to go!
  • 78carriejohanna
    78carriejohanna Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Interesting reading about your first day. It sounds like you have the right mind set and aware of what you are doing and eatting, which is key. Also you can do this!! Good luck to all your future days.
  • luckydays27
    luckydays27 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Just stick with it and have realistic goals and you will get there. Take it slow and eat your cals. They are precious commodities that deserve to be enjoyed.

Enjoy day 2!
  • wimpywrx
    Options
    Thanks guys for all the positives. The one thing that has made it a lot easier is the food diary as it becomes part of cooking dinner and its like right where's my phone must add this and that and oh look its only coming to xx calories. Great thing to have in my eyes.

Iain
  • eatzntravel
    eatzntravel Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    second day for me. Trying to get as much onto the MFP so as the journey continues I can see my progress. Good luck to you.
  • jaireed
    jaireed Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    this is my first day back logging as well! It was easier than I remembered. Good luck with your new healthy life!
  • Glampinupdoll
    Glampinupdoll Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Yay ! Welcome :) lots of good info on here, don't get overwhelmed just stick to the basics - cals in vs. cals out :) there are also some jerks so keep an eye out! Congrats on your new journey! We are all here doing it with you :)
  • Jagreene62
    Jagreene62 Posts: 4,782 Member
    Options
    All good advice from others!! :drinker: After reading your bio there is just one more thing I would add:

"REMEMBER YOUR WHY!!" Post it, make a visual board of it with your children, anything to keep you focused on WHY you started this journey? WHY you need to lose this weight? WHY you log your food? WHY you workout everyday? This will keep you going on those days when you really don't want to.....:drinker:

YOU CAN DO THIS!!! :bigsmile:
  • happyhaunt
    happyhaunt Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    This is the start of the third day for me, just gotta keep going! I can't wait until I've completed a week! :)
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    Options
    Don't forget to take measurements and also some before photos. When you think you are not getting anywhere you can look back at your photographs or measurements and see the difference.

well done on day 1. Keep it going.
  • starrylioness
    starrylioness Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Great job on your first day! Keep it up! :smile:
  • deadwax
    Options
    Congrats on your first day! Keep up the good attitude and the pounds will melt off. Try not to be short of your goals too much as you still need food for energy. Try and move too, that really helps. Finally drink 8 full glasses of water, it actually helps with both craving food and the burning of fat. Cheers :)
  • wimpywrx
    Options
    Thanks guys it really helps to know that your not the only one doing this.

Iain.
  • mrshudson813
    mrshudson813 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm starting on Day 3 myself. I am a repeat dieter and tend to only stay consistent for a few days/few weeks max. Usually by the end of Day 1, I am starving and I end up blowing everything by going out to eat McDonald's or buy icecream at Dairy Queen. I have ballooned up to the highest I have ever been, even including when I was pregnant both times. I am disappointed when I think how much I have lost control of my eating. BUT, I'm trying to move on and think positive. Everyone slips up every now and then (I just tend to do it more often than others. LOL) But I know I can learn from my mistakes. Every time I lose weight and gain it back, I go back to doing the same thing again and end up losing and gaining again. My husband reminded me of the quote "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." I realized that I really have to go about things differently if I want to succeed. Good luck with your journey!
  • blably
    blably Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    yaaay good job boy! :)

soon youll see its gonna be a year :)

as for the being under calories wise...watch out, i am netting mine weekly, but dont be below for too long or youre gonna slow down your metabolism :)
  • DenialTwister
    Options
    Everyday is my day 1.

I was tired of going to bed and lying there feeling like a fat blob. Knowing all the bad things I was doing to my body and still doing nothing about it. Then it dawned on me...do something, one little thing, a healthier breakfast, a bit of exercise, cut down on the soda...anything...just as long as I did something at least that way when I went to bed that night I could say to myself that I was still a fat blob, but I was doing something about it. Today I did something about my body.

By the time day 365 came I lost about 20kgs, the thing is it was still day 1. Now I'm onto my last push. The last 5/6 kgs to visible abs and it's still day 1 for me.

It's easy when you first start to starve yourself through motivation thinking that you will lose weight faster, rather it is a case of eating a balanced diet. Eat too little and you will go into metabolic slowdown. With 37lbs to go it's a case of the tortoise vs the hare. Steady and balanced wins the race. Good luck with your life changes.