Ziploc Omelette

Options

Replies

• JerryRW
    JerryRW Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Go to Wal-mart and buy a microwave poached egg cooker. They work great, EZ to use and EZ to clean. We keep one at home and another in the RV.
  • kaffro
    kaffro Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Can you do it in the microwave?

If you get the Ziploc or Glad steam bags you can :) That's how I do mine. I got the "recipe" on the leaflet inside the steam bag package. Takes about 3 minutes in the microwave.
  • mymelody_78
    mymelody_78 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Thanks =)
  • briteyes
    briteyes Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    thanks for the reminder, i had forgotten about this! i need to get on the ball w/ prepping eggs for the morning for my son and i. i'll make mine into a breakfast burrito. he'll probably just eat his right out of the cup on the way to school.
  • sbusarah
    sbusarah Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    awesome!!! does anyone know if it works with egg substitute? I love eggs and eat two hardboiled ones a day but then I went ahead and boiled all mine so now all I have left is the substitute LOL

I dont know if you can use egg substitute maybe someone else knows.
  • lblocker23
    Options
    I used to do this during girl scout campouts!! Thanks for reminding me about it! Love ziploc omelettes!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    What a perfect way for me to make a quickie breakfast for me and my Kiddo on school mornings!!!! Thank you so much!!
  • gloriocean
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Thanks!

634171.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • xaviernelson
    xaviernelson Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    My better half told me about this as an alternative for being on the run as much as I am, going to definitely try it, but also checking out the 'mug' version and some of the alternate recipe ideas for it.

Thanks for sharing :)

Xavier
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    ziploc advises against putting their ziploc bags in the microwave and then eating the food that was in them, highly toxic.
  • Heliconia
    Heliconia Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    About this 13 minutes. Does anyone know how altitude effects the time? I am at sea level. Just wondering. Guess I could figure it out just by trying. Thanks for the recipe.
  • wahlflower
    wahlflower Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I love that, we do it when we go camping.....great breakfast
  • daa5849
    Options
    As has already been mentioned above, do NOT eat anything that has been heated up in a ziplock bag. There is some really nasty stuff in plastic (even at room temperature), but it gets far worse as you heat it up. Don't heat up food in ziplock bags, plastic tupperware, styrofoam containers, etc.

On a related note, do NOT cook in non-stick cookware that has ANY scratches, rough spots etc. More and more of the non-stick teflon material will come off in your food, which is also toxic and dangerous.
  • xaviernelson
    xaviernelson Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Personally, I am going with the 'mug' version of the same thing. Safer that way and avoiding the toxic issue.
    Just my 2 cents :)
  • sandraptor
    Options
    Great idea. I'm going to try this for breakfast tomorrow
  • Flawlessk
    Options
    Bump....omellette mug, sounds good
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Just saw this idea on my local news, and then was told there was a thread, yay!! I'm doing this tomorrow :)
  • kim0913
    kim0913 Posts: 51
    Options
    bump
  • bigfatpie
    Options
    Bump
  • michele0101
    Options
    bump