Starting Again

Options
2»

Replies

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Another vote for maintaining being easier than losing!!

My ticker is showing 4lbs up following a very nice and indulgent holiday but I know exactly what to do to - I'll eat a little less over a period of time and the weight will come off again. Might take a couple of weeks, might take longer but I bet that my sun tan lasts longer than the extra 4lbs.
  • BlackandWhitePhotoOp
    Options
    I've experienced regaining weight too many times. The best thing for recovery is to acknowledge the weight gain and move foward. :wink:
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you may have hit your maintainence calories by accident! lol

While your in a deficit, you're constantly depleting your glycogen stores. I went below my goal weight so once I started maintainence and my glycogen was back to normal (along with the water it needs to be stored in) I went up about 5 pounds and have been steady within 2-3 pounds. Try logging in a few of your "bad" days to see what kind of calorie intake you've been at for the past while (because it may be your TDEE). And then find a good calculator to set a new calorie goal for losing the last bit. I like this one: http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/ This calculator takes into account your exercise calories, so you wouldn't eat them back, just the amount the formula puts out. (I log my exercise as one calorie burned.) Eat as close to maintainence as possible, maybe -10%, if you have just a little to lose. It will probably take a little longer, but it will stick. :)

Best of luck.