Tell me how horrible my beer is

Options
I have been exercising for 2 weeks now. Prior to that it was normal for my husband and I to have a beer or two or three lol. I cut back my drinking to weekends. And this past Saturday I have given up my diet cokes. I drink water instead and eat healthy. I exercise 5 days a week. But yesterday and tonight I have treated my self to 2 beers. I feel horrible. My justification has been that I'm still under my calories and I'm not hungry. So tell me why I need to stop with the alcohol :). Motivate me!!!! I have switched to mich ultras but still I wanna be in a bikini lol

Replies

• BleacherAddict
    Options
    I'm in the same spot. I love my Miller Lite, and with the holiday this weekend... I really don't want to kill all my hard work. This has been a battle I've been having with myself for the last week! lol

CHEERS! :drinker:
  • tessjordan88
    tessjordan88 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Ugh! Beer is so gross!! :sick:
  • Bigpelly8
    Bigpelly8 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I was able to cut the soda out completely, but the beer has been the toughest. I even had some of that bud select light 55 cal swill water just to get the taste and hang with my friends and I didn't feel so bad after a 6 pack.. It was bearable, no pun intended!!
  • DJKimE
    DJKimE Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I loooooveee a good beer too! I have a nice big one in my fridge that I can't wait to have. I told myself I have to reach a certain weight though (4 lbs to lose) before I can have it. So I now treat them as rewards.
  • Troutman
    Options
    Beer is always good.
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't feel guilty about the occasional indulgence. You are changing your overall habits - thats the key. I think guilting urself about 2 beers is just the beginning of an unhealthy relationship with food/drink that you dont need. Enjoy, relax. You're good.
  • ginnyroxx
    ginnyroxx Posts: 763
    Options
    it dehydrates you.

that's all i got.

mmmm....cocktails.....
  • jchapman1957
    jchapman1957 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I love good craft beers, but they're loaded with calories. I've switched to either Bud Light, Bud Light Wheat, or a Gin with Diet Tonic. I can drink 2 -3 beers instead of just 1 craft beer. Weekends are the only days I'll have a drink, that's when I'm more active and burning the extra calories so I stay under my calories for the day.
  • jsheph1
    jsheph1 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you don't need to stop. If you like beer, there is a place for it in a healthy diet. Your under your calories. Just avoid those nights where you had three. At that point it will lower your inhibitions and the next thing you know you'll be at Mickey D's at two in the morning. And also remeber its empty calories, just like candy. its one of those things that has to be an indulgence.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    mmmm beer

A couple on occasion isnt going to derail your weight loss if you are smart about it.
  • suzie1983
    Options
    i treat my self to a good ole Guinness once or twice a month...and now i stick to only drinking if i go out to eat (mite as well screw up the calories all together for one day) ....its helped me kill the i want to sit down relax and have a beer or drink because i associate beer with going out now....it helps at least for me its does...but it did take some time and hard work .... esp with the ice cold can just waiting to be tipped over and drank in the fridge!!!!
  • Dencrossgirl
    Dencrossgirl Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Have everything in moderation, having a little alcohol is good for your health, I don't believe you have to give up everything. It sets you up for failure when you are totally deprived, you will eventually rebel.
  • sunlover67
    sunlover67 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else....everything in moderation. And oh, I WISH I thought beer was gross! :laugh:
  • amandal15
    amandal15 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Thanks to all of you! I don't feel so guilty now :) I have 4 kids in the house (my 2 and my husbands 2) and sometimes a beer is needed. And I've realized I probably won't have another one until at least next week so all is good :)