Obese & Menopausal-- to-- 1/2 Marathon!

Replies

• Tdk4685
    Tdk4685 Posts: 293 Member
    That is awesome! Thank you for sharing.
  • ecanales52
    ecanales52 Posts: 74 Member
    Reading your posts have been truly inspirational. When I first joined MFP I started reading the success stories.....yours was one that struck a chord with me. I was 52 years old, 188 pounds, and defeated. I read your story and thought, "If she can do it, so can I"! Six months later, I have lost 21 pounds, 2 dress sizes, and my defeatist attitude. I can ride 20 miles on my bike, I enjoy the healthy food I eat, and, for the first time in my life, feel like I'm in control of myself. Thank you for taking the time to tell your story. You are awesome! :flowerforyou:
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,680 Member
    I'm about the same age and would like to try running. How have you avoided injury?

Editted to add YOU ARE AWESOME!! :flowerforyou:
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Fantastic. Thanks for sharing your story. You're looking fabulous!
  • Rastamann
    Rastamann Posts: 139 Member
    Smiling all the way, great job!
  • GoRun2
    GoRun2 Posts: 448 Member
    congratulations on your half!
  • alfranklin23
    alfranklin23 Posts: 15 Member
    You ROCK!!!
    You have done an amazing job!!
  • ziggypop93
    ziggypop93 Posts: 133 Member
    I so needed to see this today! I've been losing motivation for a month now and have been lazy. But oh my goodness you have inspired me! Way to go!

Off to sign up for the 1/2 marathon here in April, that will force me to train!
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    VERY inspirational, thank you so much for sharing your story and pics. Congratulations on your athleticism!
  • luisalg14
    luisalg14 Posts: 202 Member
    Impressive stuff :smile:
  • Congratulations! You look so happy and healthy :)
  • Thank you Boatsie for your very inspirational story. I am brand new to MFP and your success story is the first i read. I am 60 yrs old and have a significant amount of weight to lose. Seeing your before and after pictures and reading your story makes is inspiring. Its a different story for us who are obese and menopausal (not necessarily harder than the young girls and women) but different. I have seen many stories of young girls and women losing weight and i always thought well they have age on there side. Your story helps fortify for me that its not to late. You look fabulous!!! You look so happy!!!!! Many thanks for sharing.
  • arrseegee
    arrseegee Posts: 575 Member
    That's awesome! Well done. You sure don't look 230+ lb in that first photo so you must hold your weight very well.
  • jennygeo1
    jennygeo1 Posts: 133 Member
    You have such a great spirit - i love it!
    Thank you for sharing your story - so inspirational :)
    You look so beautiful and fit! Congratulations! I'm currently training for a 1/2... this really helped me along!
  • sue284
    sue284 Posts: 34 Member
    Fantastic - that's a great achievement!
  • Rai007
    Rai007 Posts: 387 Member
    OMG !!
  • hananah89
    hananah89 Posts: 692 Member
    Wow you look great! Also, I see you did the Pensacola one, my brother lives in Perdido Key (on the AL line) so I know a little bit about the area. Congrats!
  • Inspirational! What an amazing transformation.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,124 Member
    WOW! You look amazing!..I love the sculpting on your arms!

I wish my useless knee would let me do more in the running field, but I could manage a fun fast walk 5k.

I too can hardly believe my new body at the age of 64. I do everything but run.

You are an inspiration!
  • This was great to read. At 54 I completed my first 1/2 marathon on November 17th in San Antonio. However I weighed in at 220...I was trying to hit 200 before the run but it just did not happen. Mt time was 4.26. I had to stop a few times and I walked a bit. I've got another 1/2 in sight in June 2014...hoping to be at a fabulous weight and cut my time in 1/2. Fabulous job!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!