needing support

Options
I've lost 50lbs before, but am really struggling now to get my eating under control. Unfortunately, I gained all that weight back and have to start all over again. It is much harder the second time around. Yesterday was day one of a long road. I'll appreciate the support and the kick in the pants when needed.

Replies

• Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    How long did it take you to lose the weight the first time?

I would suggest setting MFP to no more than 1 lb / week (or better yet calculate your TDEE using one of the threads stickied at the top of the forum) log all of your food for a couple of weeks before you even start cutting anything so that you have some idea of how much you are eating now and take it SLOW. Most of the time when people re-gain it is because they were too aggressive the first time.
  • breakhearts
    breakhearts Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    That happened to me too! I lost so much weight so quickly, then gained it back even quicker! Now that I'm losing weight slowly and efficiently, I'm sticking to it. Occasionally I have those bad days where I don't exercise and eat a whole bunch, but it's only a hindrance, not a discontinuation. Take it slowly! It's not a race, although I do understand the need to get there as soon as possible. Honestly, it can be done. You just have to believe in yourself.

28963433.png
  • THECaptainObvious
    THECaptainObvious Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat.. Gained back all the weight lost in college. Feel free to add me! We are here for you!
  • DaddyDave101
    DaddyDave101 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I have put weight on slowly year on year over the last 10 years. At times i have lost some... But I always have put it back on.
    This is the first time I feel 100% commited to this and although I want to eat chips/chocolate everyday I know i need to keep going.

Don't mean to sound harsh but surely its easier knowing you can do it. I constantly have worries I will never get where I want as I cant picture it. You have had it... You know you CAN do it
  • THECaptainObvious
    THECaptainObvious Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Well said FatDave100!
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Stop starting over. The key to successful weight loss is to realize that you need to make changes to be healthy. These have to be changes that you will keep forever. Then, it's understanding that you have to have the patience to keep doing it every day. Most importantly, you have to be ready to lose weight. If you're not ready, no one else is going to motivate you to keep going and keep moving.

When you are ready to lose weight, you will. No one and no thing will be able to deter you. Best of luck!
  • Cristlefir
    Cristlefir Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I have the same story. I lost my weight and was on the right path, and totally fell off the horse and gained all the weight back. It feels like you're at ground zero, but in reality you can take what you learned from before and apply it to today. You have hindsight now, and also so much more to learn! This is not my first weight loss journey either. It's my 5th or 6th attempt.

What has helped me this time is really staying in the moment, thinking "all I need to do TODAY is that 20-30 minute workout, and that's it for today." It makes the journey seem much more manageable. What's 20-30 minutes out of my day today? Looking at the big picture, the weight loss journey over a year seems so much more daunting than looking at what my goal is today. Today I have to work out once. I can deal with tomorrow, tomorrow. This is my fourth day on my new weight loss journey, but it feels different than all previous attempts because it feels more doable. Day by day is the key!

Feel free to add me! I'd love to help support you through your journey. :)