Jillian Michaels is in hot water...

Options
Behxo
Behxo Posts: 1,190 Member
...for supplying caffeine pills to her team on Biggest Loser
http://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/tv-news/burning-did-biggest-loser-jillian-michael-too-far-224414265.html
What are your thoughts on this??

Replies

• JudieJudes
    JudieJudes Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    .... none :tongue:
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    that show is lame...
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    a No-Doz has 200 MG caffeine. A cup of coffee Contains 100-200 mg. [insert hot water pun that I haven't had enough coffee to make yet]

I fail to see a problem.
  • GetFitE
    GetFitE Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I actually couldn't believe she did that-I was rather surprised by it. But it made me think about the benefits of using them.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I thought there was going to be a hot tub gif. =(
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Headline: "Burning Question: Did 'Biggest Loser's' Jillian Michaels Go Too Far With Caffeine Pills?"

Comment: The whole show goes too far. It's horrible!
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    there are far far worse things about the biggest loser than contestants taking caffeine pills. the whole mentality of the show - trying to lose as much weight as you can in as short a time as you can - is messed up.

as for caffeine pills.... personally I'd rather get my caffeine from tea, it is more fun drinking tea than swallowing pills.
  • waltcote
    waltcote Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    It's television. Not real life. One more reason to kill your tv.:bigsmile:
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options

you're just sooooo wrong...it's "reality" t.v. doncha know....
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    Caffeine...hot water.....

iseewhatyoudidthere-41905.jpg
  • waltcote
    waltcote Posts: 372 Member
    Options

you're just sooooo wrong...it's "reality" t.v. doncha know....

yeah "reality" :laugh:
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    after last night show she down to her final 3 contestants she screwed her teams chances but she stated she stands by her reson for doing it
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    I do watch the show, no I do not think its realistic.. But I have to say that she looked extremely pissed.. I was a little shocked that she would break the rules. It actually cost her team to lose another player so I know that must have pissed her off even more. Out of all the trainers she is the one I like the very least.. Dolvett is my favorite and I also really like Bob.. I could do without her.
  • richardheath
    richardheath Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    I saw that episode. My thought was maybe she gave it to them before weigh in to try and get them to eliminate as much water as possible. Although caffeine isn't really a very good diuretic - you need about 8 cups worth for it to have any effect, IIRC.
  • bornofthorns
    bornofthorns Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    It is interesting how many people hate on the show. If they just had them on treadmills like gerbils the whole time, then I would be worried. They seem to do a decent job helping them learn how to eat healthy, making them prepare their healthy meal, along with the exercise and medical supervision.

I understand that we all follow our TDEE, calorie count, 5x5, c25k programs, and incorporate it into our lives because we still have to go to work, feed the kids, etc. The individuals on this show got a chance to take a couple of months off and fully engage in changing their lives. Good for them, and I am glad the show seems to better the participants as a whole. I am also fairly sure a lot more education happens off of the air, considering we see a brief glimpse of a couple of days of these contestants' week. Just remember, while the way most of us do it may be the best for us, does not mean it is the only way. Also, just because MFP only allows you to lose up to 2 lbs/week, doesn't mean if you lose more you are unhealthy or somehow lost the mental ability to learn how to maintain a healthy lifestyle.

That all being said, the caffeine pills are not a big deal at all. Gives a boost of energy, like a concentrated cup of coffee. It is like she made them sniff a line of blow off the ground and go run a mile. :laugh:
  • arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    If anyone was forced to work out for that many hours a day, they would need some sort of energy supplement; be it caffeine pills, ephedrine, straight up meth... take your pick.
  • dfarina33
    dfarina33 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I was thinking that they wanted a reason to get Reuben back because he is a celebrity so they made a big deal out of nothing. Would they do the same if the contestants had a 5 hour energy?

All for the ratings IMO
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    How long should we let her cook for utmost tenderness?
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    Extreme and questionable measures to lose weight on a weight loss show dedicated to losing weight as quickly as possible... color me shocked and appalled.
  • mrsamanda86
    mrsamanda86 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    after last night show she down to her final 3 contestants she screwed her teams chances but she stated she stands by her reson for doing it
    Thanks for letting me know that she's the one who lost a contestant LOL haven't watched last night's episode yet!
    She always loses a bunch of her contestants quickly and then it seems like her last standing one pretty much always wins lol

Caffeine pills... ehhh not a big issue in my eyes...