Women 5'10 to 6'0: What is your goal weight?

Options
I'm almost 6'0 and just at the very beginning. While my first goal is to get under 200, which is about 70 lbs away, I'm curious to see what a healthy weight range is for someone who is around my height. I'm not interested in being skinny- just healthy and in shape.

What's your height and goal weight?

Replies

• knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 10 1/2" and looking to get to 165. Once I get there, we'll see. But that's how much I weighed in college and I had no idea how HOT I was LOL!!! I've got 20 lbs to go.
  • glreim21
    glreim21 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I am 5"11 looking to get to 190lbs, that should put me at my goal body fat percentage.
  • lcfairbairn74
    lcfairbairn74 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Bumping this for suggestions! My goal weight is set at 140 as the last time I was in a healthy weight range, 20 years ago, sigh, I was 133 pounds. However, at 336 pounds when I started it seemed so far away anyway. Now I'm 248, I'm wondering whether 140 pounds is realistic for a 6 foot woman!
  • AliciaNineteen72
    Options
    I'm 5' 7.5" and when I weighed 140 people thought I was anorexic, and I really was small! :) I think that everyone is different, but it sounds like a very small amount to weigh if you are 6 '!!!! You must have a tiny frame!!!!!
  • hannah_d1989
    hannah_d1989 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I want to get to 155 pounds, and I am just over 5 foot 10 :)
  • willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'2", and my goal weight is 180.

OP, our stats and current weight are almost the same. I'm sending you a friend request!
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10", curvy, 54, and 149 pounds. I am starting to look/feel boney as I've lost the fat and slowly gained a little muscle. The longer I've maintained at this weight the smaller I've gotten (according to type tape measure).

I have been as low as 140 at this height while I was nursing my oldest. It looked good, but I didn't feel good.
  • Channing
    Channing Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    5'11" and my starting weight was around 200. Right now I weigh 170, and I'd ultimately love to get down to 155, but i'm mostly trying to focus on body recomposition and lowering my body fat %. When it all comes down, I dont care about a number on the scale that no one but me will see, I'd rather look good in my clothes and out of them!
  • dmbjewel
    dmbjewel Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 10", and my goal is to get to 190. I could probably get to 180, but that's probably too much work lol. The thinnest I've been is 165, but that was only after spending 24 days in the ICU on a feeding tube! I was stoked, but everyone else thought I looked sickly. Just skin and bones - no muscle, no fat. With my feet together, my thighs didn't touch. It was a liberating experience though. I used to be so embarrassed to be a size 12, but even at skin and bones, I was only a size 10! Some people just weren't meant to be a size 6! Really, my goal is just to get rid of the extra cushion around my middle. Whatever weight that is, I'll be happy.
  • TemeraldMarie
    TemeraldMarie Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I am 5 11 and my current weight is 194 . My goal is 160. I was once 140 but that was pretty skinny forr me. since then i had a baby so my hips have spread amd my boobies grew from a 34 b to a 38 dd. so i think 160. Will be a healthy and weight for me :)
  • Failing2Thrive
    Options
    I am 5'10 and my goal weight is 165. At 195 I was a size 14 pants and XL top. Right now I am 171 and I am in a 12. Size 10 would be nice, but to be honest I don't know if that will be 165 or 150. Got to wait and see.
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10", aiming for 160 currently. I might end up dipping lower into the 150s, but I won't know 'til I get there. I'm 179 right now.

ETA: I'm an 11 in jeans currently, if that helps.
  • libbyviolet
    Options
    5 foot 11 and my goal weight is 175 :-) i dont wanna lose those curves!
    i weighed 150 once and i looked skeletal!
  • lacyjo11
    Options
    Does anyone have pictures of their weight lose journey? It's nice to see other women my height...it seems like most of the weight lose pictures I've seen are of women way shorter then me. Plus it's inspiring and gives me something to look forward to!
  • beastmode_kitty
    beastmode_kitty Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8. I started my journey at 235 pounds. I'm at 180 pounds now and would like to get down to 160. Thats where I used to be at about 10 years ago.
  • DinoRae
    DinoRae Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies (mostly),
    I'm new to this site, only been doing it for about 6 days so far! Lost 1lb, only about 12lbs to go.
    I'm looking for some support and such and I'm a little over 5'9 and weight 177 so I think 165 should be good right?

What do ya'll think?

Rachel
    (aka DinaRae)
  • jhmomofmany
    jhmomofmany Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I am 6'. My heaviest was 250, starting weight was 220. I am currently at about 169. I'm in a size 10 and would like to get down at least another size. So I guess my goal is 160?
  • StephanieDJL
    StephanieDJL Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'1 & my goal is between 160-180lbs but just being under 200 would be awesome!
  • pusheen12
    pusheen12 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 10' to be considered "normal" range of BMI I need to weigh 174lbs. Google a BMI calculator and fiddle around with the numbers to see what yours is. My first goal was also get under 200 ✅, second goal under 190 ✅ third goal under 180 ❌ fourth goal 174 ❌ after that I'm not sure. If I look and feel ok will probably shoot for 165. Hope this helps.
  • stefsc1
    stefsc1 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Oh wow. I really, really enjoyed finding this thread. I just joined the site this week, and had yet to comment anywhere, but seeing goal weights so similar to my own is really reassuring.

I'm 5'10", and my goal weight is about 170. To be smack-dab in the middle of the "healthy" BMI range, I would need to get down 151, but I don't think I would feel comfortable being so slim. Being a size 12 or 14 is definitely my ideal goal. I haven't been a size 14 since I was AGE 14.