Question for my ladies with D's & Double D's

Options
Hello ladies,
I am currently in a 38DD bra. When i work out my breast are everywhere. I really need to find a supportive sports bra. I buy mine from target. Where have you found great SUPPORTIVe sports bras? or do you wear more than 1?? ?Thanks

Replies

• gambitsgurl
    gambitsgurl Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I use to find good bra's at Khols (when I had boobs). They have a wide selection of old trusted names and several price points.
  • lmvince
    lmvince Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    For working out, I used to buy the wireless bras from JC Penney.
  • celeste2u
    Options
    I wear a 38 DDD. I have found that if I wear an underwire bra under my sports bra, my boobs dont bounce all over the place. I mean they will always move some, but I feel that they are more supported with two.

I hope that helps.
  • azlady7
    azlady7 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I just bought some last week from walmart. It was their cheapest ones for like 10.00 bucks. I love them, they work great and I am a triple D. Hope that helps :)
  • trotters24
    Options
    I am nowhere near a Double D but I have to wear 2 sports bras whenever I do any type of cardio. For strength training/walking I can get away with only one.

I go through bras so frequently that I usually purchase the Target bras too!
  • joannasamples
    Options
    most good department stores (I shop at Dillards) should have a decent selection. Right now I'm wearing one I got at Ross for about $10,brand is Moving Comfort that I really like.
  • sophieshaped
    sophieshaped Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I'm from the UK so brands may differ – but I wear a Shock Absorber bra and it's excellent. They have different types depending on what kind of exercise you're doing. Maybe £25 ($30?) but worth it.
  • ginnyroxx
    ginnyroxx Posts: 763
    Options
    i'm in your boat. I can't wait to get to goal and get them reduced and perky ;)

anyhow....jumping jacks are hard. i HATE the bounce. I've googled "large breasts high impact bra" and found some good brands, but they seem pretty pricey and not really in my budget until next year :(

I had been wearing a hanes sports bra from Target - with my tatas pouring out the top, and before i adjust them, the sides, too. *sigh*

Until the other day when I thought to wear my most supportive (ugly) bra *under* my sports bra. WOW what a difference. I was able to do my jumping jacks w/ minimal bounce.

~V

CW ( o )( o )
    GW ( * )( * )
  • o2blori
    o2blori Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I am a 40DD. I found some really great supportive sports bras at Walmart. Before that, I used to wear 2 bras, or I would wrap myself. I know. Sounds funny, but it worked. :-)
  • Sparksfly
    Sparksfly Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I have an ENELL sports bra. Most supportive one I have ever owned, but it came with a hefty price. I think they have sizes that go all the way up to an F or G? You can look for them on EBAY as well...sometimes they are cheaper there.
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I wear a 38 DDD. I have found that if I wear an underwire bra under my sports bra, my boobs dont bounce all over the place. I mean they will always move some, but I feel that they are more supported with two.

I hope that helps.

Same and Same. 38DD+ (depends on the bra) and I wear a GOOD SUPPORTIVE underwire under my sports bra as well and it REALLY helps. I picked up a SUPER supportive tank (at WalMart- it's the Gabby Reese line) and I tried to couple that with just a sports bra and it's still not enough- damn near gave myself a black eye. :bigsmile: That tank with an underwire worked really well though. Oh and I've found buying down a size in the sports bra gives more suppot (and better uniboob). :flowerforyou:
  • Lyndzo
    Lyndzo Posts: 142
    Options
    I'm a 38F who is forced into buying and squeezing into 40DD's because I can't find my bra size anywhere. I found a sports bra at Wal Mart that was a 42D and with a lift and tuck they stay in place nicely. If anyone knows a place/website in Canada that I can get bras from please let me know. Being big is bad enough but having this chest that won't fit into anything is almost worse :(
  • cef957
    cef957 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Khols has one that I love it is by lilly of france. It has the underwire on the outside of the bra. It is VERY comfortable! I have even used this bra when I have flown overseas (a 14/15 hour flight!). It is actually one of my favorite bras
  • HazelDiva1913
    HazelDiva1913 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    AWESOME...Thanks so much for your responses. Im going to check out all of these places and I will try wearing two bras tomorrow. and a wire bra u nder my sports bra the next day. My sister has been telling me that she wears 2 bras every workout but I thought it was silly. I guess it really works. Will put this into action. Thanks ladies
  • vi_msbehavin
    vi_msbehavin Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I wear a *cough*G*cough* and I use a really cheap one and it sorta does the job. I saw a really good one by champion but of course not in my size...they offered it in different categories eg. High impact, medium impact and so on. You can try googling it!
  • bainos
    bainos Posts: 99
    Options
    Im here for you Ladies!!!!!! Love them d's!!!! lol.
  • clairealaniz
    clairealaniz Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    This has been my solution too! Actually the Playtex 18 hour bra's with a sports bra over it has worked better. I don't have any wires digging anywear and a just went down a size on the sports bra! Once the sports bra fit a little better I felt even more motivated!
  • JuicyJBaby3
    JuicyJBaby3 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I am a 40DD and I have found the perfect bra at Cacique (Layne Bryant). Its the Smooth Balconette bra. I will swear by these bras. They are very comfortable underwire bra. I wear them daily and to the gym. They cover everything you need them to. They are about 35-40 each but you can just about always find them on sale. If you decide to try these.. make sure you use their guidlines for measuring.
  • vi_msbehavin
    vi_msbehavin Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I am a 40DD and I have found the perfect bra at Cacique (Layne Bryant). Its the Smooth Balconette bra. I will swear by these bras. They are very comfortable underwire bra. I wear them daily and to the gym. They cover everything you need them to. They are about 35-40 each but you can just about always find them on sale. If you decide to try these.. make sure you use their guidlines for measuring.

These are the bras I use and I swear by them too! They are on sale right now bogo free!
  • maryetta2000
    maryetta2000 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I wear a 38DD and I wear two sports bras when working out. I have purchased really good Nike bras from TJ MAXX or Ross. These bra's last longer than the Hanes bras.