mom of 1 + twins. Support please!! and Friends

Options
I am new to this fitnesspal. My twins are almost 2 (I have 1+ twins) and I have been struggling to get rid of this baby weight !!!!!!
I was in the best shape before I got pregnant and resumed running 5 weeks after they were born. Since their birth I have done a half marathon and numerous 10 and 15K's and added weight lifting (chalean extreme) to the regimen a few months ago. These 20 pounds aren't budging!!!! I am active and I am strong and weight lifting is helping with tone. I need to concentrate on eating and calorie counting. I think that is what I struggle with the most. I have lost a few inches but the scale is not moving. Help and support appreciated!

Replies

• twinmom823
    twinmom823 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi!! My twin boys are 15 months and I just joined mfp. I also was in the best shape before the boys and have been struggling to lose the last 10 pounds. Mainly because I haven been consistent with my nutrition and exercise. But that stops now, and I'd love to be friends and motivate each other!
  • healthy4three
    Options
    Wow! I can't imagine having twins. I'm sure the fun of having them outweighs any negatives though. :)

I have three kids as well. I'd love to be friends and support one another.
  • chrtyanderson
    Options
    Thanks! Yep being a twin parent can be challenging at times but it is also pretty amazing to get two sweet babies at once :) I ran till half way through my twin pregnancy around 19 weeks. I ran 5 miles before going to my ultrasound that showed twins surprise!! and that was at 19 weeks. I was still active through all my pregnancy and still gained nearly 68 pounds. I breastfed them till 10 months so that helped with some of the weight. I have been pretty consistent with cardio and recently weights. I even tried nutrisystem for a month ( waste of money!) I am not always consistent with my diet and that is where I struggle! It really has been so hard to get this weight to budge. I was really concerned to the point I had my thyroid checked and that was within normal limits. I am almost 30 and never had a speedy metabolism so I could probably use to work out 2 hours a day just to rev my metabolism up but, with 3 kids work and family 2 hours is not feasible. I need to reteach myself to eat sensibly. Still,even with weeks of mostly fruit and veggies and lean meats I would be lucky to lose 0.5 pounds. Nutrisystem I lost 2 pounds in a month.I got frustrated and now I am here. Guess time to stop making excuses and get this weight off!! Thanks for the support!
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Fellow twin mom here, although my twins are now almost eight and in second grade. It does get easier!!! Good for you on taking care of yourself now! I'm 43 and wish I had been better at 29. Can't change the past, just moving forward now. :)
  • Alatariel2002
    Alatariel2002 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Fellow twin mom here as well. My twins are a bit older...16 years old. Yes..it does get easier...and more expensive. Feel free to add me as a friend if you wish. Good luck on your journey :)
  • mrs_dwr
    mrs_dwr Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I'll add you! I have 4 kids - a 3.5 year old, 2 year old twins, and a 6.5 month old. I was never overweight, but also never really cared about being in shape before having any of my kids; but pregnancy changed things. After gaining weight in such a short amount of time, I realized that I never want to 'let myself go' because of how difficult it was to do anything (climb stairs, get up off the couch, etc). With my kids each being 19 months apart (besides the twins, obviously!) I pretty much lost weight just in time to regain it with each pregnancy. Yesterday I just reached 1 pound below pre-pregnancy weight from my most recent baby (hooray!) but still have room for improvement. I've read that it can take up to 3 years for your body to fully recover from a pregnancy, so I'm interested to see how I look 2.5 years from now. Actually, I'm even interested to see how I look when the baby is 12 months old, since I was always pregnant again for my others' first birthdays, lol! Running and lifting (StrongLifts) are my workouts of choice. I did my first half-marathon when my twins were 6 months old, so it sounds like we have a few things in common besides being moms of multiples. :flowerforyou:
  • twinmom823
    twinmom823 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    My body takes fooorrreverr to lose weight. And now after the twins and I just turned 29, it's even harder! I also struggle with keeping consistent with nutrition and exercise, but I'm really feeling motivated and dedicated now! I have my parents watch the boys twice a week so I can exercise then I go Saturday mornings when my mother in law comes over. Hopefully you can schedule something with the help of others??? I know everyone's situation is different :)
  • pamsbell
    pamsbell Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try getting a Fitbit. It is the single tool to help with counting calories taken in and calories burned. It works hand in hand with My Fitness Pal. Google it. It really is an awesome tool. Good luck with your weight loss journey!:smile:
  • TripleRadiance275
    TripleRadiance275 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I have 1 + triplets but they're 7 and 6 years old now and like someone else said it does get easier. Good for you for being so active, sending you a friend request.
  • chrtyanderson
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement and adds!
  • chrtyanderson
    Options
    Bump