10km Running Progress:From 82mins to a 47min PB.

Options

Replies

• pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Excellent work sir! I got into running and love it. Despite me doing other things I still feel the best thing I ever did was quit the gym and buy a pair of running shoes!
  • jeets888
    jeets888 Posts: 2,237 Member
    Options
    Thanks Pyro ..... and may it be nothing but happy mileage indeed!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    A belated congratulations!

You should be very proud of your accomplishments (a 47 min 10K.......I wish!!!)
  • jeets888
    Options
    Thank you Brian - i am but guess should never be content hey.

That you ruinning is great in itself :)
  • PeaceHappinessBalance
    Options
    Good for that doctor!!!!!!! very inspiring story, thanks and that's a great time on your run. amazing how your took your life into your own hands! Runners seem to have a pretty clear outlook on life, which I admire! Thanks!
  • Jeango2013
    Jeango2013 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Great story... I am trying to learn how to run but so far can only do 6 minutes continuously at a time and 30 min in spin class. Excellent advice, will keep trying.
  • Rastamann
    Rastamann Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Great job! Excellent story and progress.
  • jeets888
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words guys!
  • jardin12
    jardin12 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I read to the end. I cried. I will keep running and think of your story. You are awesome xxxxxx
  • jeets888
    Options
    Thanks Jardin!
  • TamaraKat
    TamaraKat Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I :heart: this post!!! Well done!!! :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • jeets888
    Options
    Thanks Tamara - appreciated
  • arrseegee
    arrseegee Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Hey well done, that is seriously impressive and inspiring! I love seeing that your running times improved so much, as I have just started out with C25K and I hope to be running 10km under 60 minutes in the next year. I waited until I was almost at my goal weight (1.2 kg to go) before starting running, because (as I saw you also mentioned earlier) I was concerned that running with excess weight would push my dodgy knees over the edge. Thanks for sharing, that's some great motivation for me and you have done so well.
  • jeets888
    Options
    Thanks Lady and good luck in your running endeavours
  • drmcglone
    drmcglone Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Your story is awesome!!! Way to go taking charge of your health! Love your story! Well done. :smile:
  • jeets888
    Options
    Thanks DR!
  • jeets888
    Options
    Am i allowed to give this a bump?
  • sameena2013
    Options
    congratulations..i was diagnosed for slip disc..pain is much lesser now..i need to loose 73lbs and im 193lbs now..started on gm diet as well,,,can is start running too..pls advice..im inspired by your success..regards..sammy
  • jeets888
    Options
    Thanks Sameena,

Personally, i know people alot heavier that have walked/jogged so should be fine ... the main thing is that you being active. You will definitely start enjoying your running more as the weight comes off so it could be a good time to start because you will find that if you take to running, the pbs (personal bests) will be flowing which provides great motivation to oneself
  • sameena2013
    Options
    Thanks jeet...for the motivation atlst someone is there to encourage running!!...will keep u posted
    regards,
    sameena
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!