Question for my ladies with D's & Double D's

Options

Replies

• sgirl29
    sgirl29 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I am a 36DD. I have a Champion sports bra that does ok. Make sure you have one with racer back or under wire. My sports bras work ok for light activity (walking/ biking) but if i’m doing anything vigorous (kickboxing elliptical) I wear a regular bra with a compression tank top and another tank top over it and that seems to hold the girls down pretty good…. Wearing double bras has worked for me to but I find all the straps to be annoying… Hope this helps. Good luck! :)
  • xxPeppaxx
    xxPeppaxx Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I usually wear 2 sports bras...I also get mine from Target
  • CombatVet_Armywife
    CombatVet_Armywife Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I have always had issues with my chest size when it comes to exercise...so annoying! I'm a D and I have tried SO many sports bras (from brand name/high priced to no brand/low price) since I've been a workout addict for about 12 years now. Always have a hard time finding a good supportive bra that won't let me bounce all over the place.

I found a great bra @ walmart for 10 bucks that works GREAT! Danskin- high impact....I run a lot, do a lot of jumping around for different exercises...works great! Good luck!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    one lady recommended some from wal-mart, i can't remember the brand but they're $10, i wear fruit of the loom from wal-mart 3 for $15 (canadian) i find them pretty supportive, depending on what i'm doing i will wear 2 without discomfort
  • fluffypbunny
    fluffypbunny Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am a 36 DD and obviously have the same problem. I found some great bra's at Sports Authority. I can't remember the brand, but they are racer back and an underwire. I think it was around 34 dollars. On top of that I always wear a compression sports bra. The only way I keep them under control is double wrapping those suckers!!! HA HA HA HA Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2201968.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I am quite endowed and have found that for normal workouts the wearing of 2 sports bras is so needed. When I go to Zumba classes or do cardo I wear my regular underwire bra PLUS the two sports bras. Let's just say that since doing that I can now do jumping without fear of hurting myself (or someone else)! :laugh:
  • ashleyinthestars
    ashleyinthestars Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    When I was at my largest, I was a DDD and am now down to a D. I have always worn 2 bras for the extra support, though at my biggest it was a non-underwire "ugly" regular bra and a sports bra; now I wear two sports bras and I bought them both from Walmart. Dont know the brand names off hand but I know they were pretty cheap.
  • AGirlandHerFrenchie
    AGirlandHerFrenchie Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I'm a DD as well and have been for ever - I'm a runner as well and have never found a bra that works well for high impact cardio. I have been wearing 2 sports bras for as long as I can remember and they definitely do the trick. I get them a little smaller than I want them as well because I find it holds them in place better and they stretch after a little while as well.
  • therobinator
    therobinator Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, when we are as big as we are (I too am a 36-38 D-DD) we have to spend a pretty penny for good supportive bras. You aren't going to find what you need at Target, Kohl's, WalMart, Sears, etc. I get mine from Nike. They are expensive (can run upwards of $50 each) but my girls don't move at all when I run.
  • saychzzz
    saychzzz Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Check out the Playtex bras at JMS.com. They have a good selection, good prices, and I find that the Playtex support a bit better than most if you get the better made ones. I wear Lane Bryant bras without the underwire every day but the Playtex ones are better for motion. Good luck!
  • Pisc2749
    Pisc2749 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I am currently a 34DD and I bought an Enell bra (the one Oprah recommended). They are kind of expensive ($70) but I got it on Ebay for 1/2 that price. I bought the size 1 and it was VERY tight (it's supposed to be), hard to get on but it kept everything in place! Little to no movement at all! It's the only one I've found that works and I'm considering getting a size 0 since it's not as tight anymore. Check their website for sizing info.

It's not the easiest thing to put on, lots of hooks down the front, but if your goal is to keep control of your girls, I highly recommend it.
  • jdsouthernbelle
    Options
    I am a 42DD and I wear the Fruit of the Loom brand from Wal-Mart as well. They usually come 3 for $10 or $15 and they support me just fine....no wiggle or jiggle.
  • sara_xo
    sara_xo Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I love my Lululemon bras. I horseback ride, so I'm usually in a motion.. and they are AMAZING!

If you even find out where your local "Horse Supply Store" is (also known as a Tack Store) they usually sell bra's for horseback riding that are SUPER supportive. But I find the ones from Lululemon are stretchy and of AMAZING quility..

I don't hav much boob.. maybe a B but it still hurts when they boucne.
  • nimil
    nimil Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    this might not be all that helpful (and possibly a bad idea) but to minimize bounce for me, i always wear this workout tanktop i have from walmart that has a support shelf built into it. its not the right size for my chest and the fact that its tighter against my body means they don't bounce. i only wear it while working out, since its a little uncomfortable to have them all squished up like that, but it makes running and jumping much less painful.
  • Slavic_Spice
    Slavic_Spice Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I have Lane Bryant bras. I like the underwire sports bra, then I wear these Danskin workout tops, they have spandex in them, they were on clearance at WalMart and I bought EIGHT. Together, it provides decent support, and I am a 40DDD. I prefer an underwire bra to workout... I can't stand when they're smooshed together.
  • Cher217
    Cher217 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I also wear the Laney Bryant bras. But I also wear the Walmart sports bra over it. I hate all the bouncing around. I try to keep them bad boys under control as much as possible.
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I'm from the UK so brands may differ – but I wear a Shock Absorber bra and it's excellent. They have different types depending on what kind of exercise you're doing. Maybe £25 ($30?) but worth it.
    I'm in the States and I wear Shock Absorber too. I'm a runner with a 38 DDD and these bras hold my girls like they're in an iron cage! But, I've NEVER found one for less than $60 after shipping.
  • Tdenby
    Tdenby Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have some bras from target too, I always wear two and they are still not supported. Maybe if you go in Tyrabanksshow.com they might have some information about good sports bras. I remeber her doing a show on it once, probably Oprah too, she has everything!
  • rymattsmom
    rymattsmom Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    i agree with sgirl, champion sports bras for high intesity workouts work best for me, and when i do cardio i do add a bra under it, they hold those girls in tight!!!!!!!!!! and they are not that expensive, under 15$, found them at the outlets, and at marshalls...
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    This question comes up every so often, every time I say;

ENELL ENELL ENELL!!!

I'm serious ladies, this bra is not pretty but it is LIFE CHANGING! No bounce, no movement, NOTHING!!! (36DD) It's pricey, but - these are important assets we are talking about!!! Whenever I see a girl on the running trail without support I feel like I should stop her and tell her about this bra. Yes, I know this would be WEIRD, so I haven't done it. Since you asked--- ENELL!

http://www.ladiesonlysports.com/enwhenyouare.html