When did people notice?

Options
2»

Replies

• alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I'm just now starting to get spontaneous comments from people who I haven't told that I'm trying to lose weight, at 48 pounds lost. I'm surprised that it took this much, but others on here seem to have had a similar experience of not getting comments until that point.
  • Spiderkeys
    Spiderkeys Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Seems like you need to change jobs and get a new manager.

I've lost over 40 pounds, no one has noticed or commented yet, but I can now fit in my old clothes, got more energy, feel lighter, got a neck again, just people don't pay attention to our appearance as much as we do ourselves.
  • redhotbeads
    redhotbeads Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad I found this thread. I was really beginning to wonder if anyone would notice. *I* definitely notice, in looser pants and a smaller stomach, and my husband has noticed, but general people in my life have not. That's OK, though, I'm definitely feeling better already. I'm down 16 lbs, and I know I hid it well when I gained it, so it stands to reason I'd hide it well when I lose it! :)
  • danimalkeys
    danimalkeys Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I'm a bigger then the average person. I started at 6'1" 276. I started getting a few comments after about 30 - 35 lbs lost. I'm down to 225 now and I get a few comments everyday.

Congrats on your first 18 down.

That's right about where I was (same height/, about the same weight) , and right about the same amount of weight loss where people started to comment. People who I haven't seen in a long time really comment because I'm down around 65lbs total now.
  • arrseegee
    arrseegee Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    My highest weight is 17 kg heavier than I am now, and after I'd lost 10 kg I started getting comments, particularly from people who hadn't seen me for 2-3 months. The majority of the comments are really positive, but I have had one person tell me my face looked drawn and had I been very stressed, and someone else claimed I'd lost too much weight. Then again, both those people met me during my highest weight period, whereas everyone else who commented has known me for a much longer time and my current weight is my 'normal' weight to them.

PS Your boss is a *kitten*, that's a nasty thing to say!
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I have lost 36 pounds but have done it very slowly. Most people who see me often really have not noticed (except my husband). Other people who see me less often notice that something is different but sometimes don't know what. Just remember SHE was tired and you weren't. You have built up stamina and shed excess weight to give you more energy.
    Would you rather be skinny and tired?:huh: