Girls! Fat belly turned flat or,even better, abs pics?

Options
I am starting to feel hopeless. I can push myself everyday to get up and workout because I feel like I have to in order to be healthy. but honestly, I don't see this belly coming off. Any success stories or tips please? I know I cant spot reduce that's why I am being more hopeless everyday.

Replies

• suppakana
    suppakana Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Exactly. You can't spot reduce. So you get to work on reducing EVERYWHERE. All at once =)

Stay inside of your calorie requirements, and go exercise - even if it's just walking. I notice that you have the T25 banner on your tracker; do it. Stick with it. SHaun has a pretty dang good idea of what he's doing, if he and his husband are anything to judge by. Which they are. Even if you only do it three days a week... DO IT.

It takes time. It takes patience. You'll want to give up. Don't give in to that urge. You've got this, girl ♥
  • lauraspberry
    lauraspberry Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much!! When I was doing Insanity it did became smaller but with T25 progress is a bit slow :(
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    I am starting to feel hopeless. I can push myself everyday to get up and workout because I feel like I have to in order to be healthy. but honestly, I don't see this belly coming off. Any success stories or tips please? I know I cant spot reduce that's why I am being more hopeless everyday.

The left is May 2012 ( probably about 215lbs), the right is September 2013 ( probably 194).

10067067346_a131833b47.jpg
    Untitled by crochetmom2010, on Flickr

this is yesterday. I am flexing a little so I can see my top abs (192 lbs ).
    10857455026_4d003227d4.jpg
    #fitspo #hardworkwins #nevergiveup #notacardiobunny by crochetmom2010, on Flickr
  • Gkfrkv
    Gkfrkv Posts: 120
    Options
    I can feel my abs getting firmer and the fat part of my stomach that I can grab is smaller, so I know there is a change, but they do tend to go more outward then I want them to. I'm just going to accept the fact that most likely a flat stomach isn't in the cards for me.
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Subbing, I feel you girl my belly is my nemesis! I don't really have good progress pics but I will comb through my collection and post a few of others that have done well.
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    (all of these off of tumblr)

tumblr_ms021rPxjU1s22klwo4_500.jpg

tumblr_muqb63qqdx1sjf2epo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mwaujdxDaO1t1cfjio1_500.jpg

tumblr_mwau5kR3su1slajsoo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mw9gtj4zSQ1rna6xlo1_500.jpg

Hope that makes you feel a little more hopeful :)
  • lauraspberry
    Options

The left is May 2012 ( probably about 215lbs), the right is September 2013 ( probably 194).

10067067346_a131833b47.jpg
    Untitled by crochetmom2010, on Flickr

this is yesterday. I am flexing a little so I can see my top abs (192 lbs ).
    10857455026_4d003227d4.jpg
    #fitspo #hardworkwins #nevergiveup #notacardiobunny by crochetmom2010, on Flickr

GREAT JOB YOU LOOK GREAT :flowerforyou:
  • lauraspberry
    Options
    Subbing, I feel you girl my belly is my nemesis! I don't really have good progress pics but I will comb through my collection and post a few of others that have done well.

YOU ARE SO SWEET :flowerforyou: Thank you! I'm thinking of going 120lbs like the girl on one of the pics because we kinda have the same body type except that she has lots of boobs haha I started out 147 :) Thank you for helping me stay motivated :heart:
  • lauraspberry
    Options
    I can feel my abs getting firmer and the fat part of my stomach that I can grab is smaller, so I know there is a change, but they do tend to go more outward then I want them to. I'm just going to accept the fact that most likely a flat stomach isn't in the cards for me.

My upper abs is hard. And my linea alba only goes until 2 inches above my navel :( my linea semilunaris are evident when I flex but the belly part has always been a pooch HAHA I guess I have to keep on losing weight. Don't lose hope, our MFP friends are always here to help us through :D:flowerforyou:
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Abs are made in the kitchen!

Continue to eat at a deficit, and exercise - planks are AWESOME.

Oh, for what it's worth, this is my progress to date:

December 2012:
    [img]http://i1305.photobucket.com/albums/s541/Linli_Anne/Weightloss and Toning/a56357de-455f-4ad0-b13b-571e5c46cdad_zpse34be33a.jpg[/img]

November 2013:
    [img]http://i1305.photobucket.com/albums/s541/Linli_Anne/Weightloss and Toning/421ec9cf-8751-4f0e-87eb-364c958c25c4_zps823c2b33.jpg[/img]
  • frankyk89
    frankyk89 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    For what this is worth I noticed a big difference when I watched my sugar. I stayed around 25 grams a day and that did include fruit!! it's hard at first but you get use to it. Hope this helps... :wink:
  • MissLeelooDallas
    MissLeelooDallas Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Your pain is my pain OP! I started at 137 and have gotten to 121.5 (last weigh-in was yesterday). It seems like everything on me has shrunk... except my stomach/love handles! At this point, I'm probably going to have to set a new goal weight since I'm sure it's going to take more than another 3.5 pound loss to slim my midsection down.

And, yes, my midsection has gotten a little smaller, but it's the least changed and I'm still having a lot of problems with it.
  • sandi117
    sandi117 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    OP, I feel your pain! I've been working hard, staying within my calories, even started strength training... And to me, my belly is just not going away. My legs are toned (I love wearing shorts now) and arms are getting there, but my tummy is just squishy. My measurements show that my midsection is getting smaller, and I can feel the muscles getting firmer underneath all the squishy fat. I also knew my belly fat would be the hardest fat for me to lose, since I've had a tummy since I was 13. Since I've had it the longest, it's taking the longest to lose.

Just need to stay motivated, determined, disciplined, and work my butt off (though squats have given me quite a nice booty now :laugh: .)
  • lauraspberry
    Options
    Abs are made in the kitchen!

Continue to eat at a deficit, and exercise - planks are AWESOME.

Oh, for what it's worth, this is my progress to date:

December 2012:
    [img]http://i1305.photobucket.com/albums/s541/Linli_Anne/Weightloss and Toning/a56357de-455f-4ad0-b13b-571e5c46cdad_zpse34be33a.jpg[/img]

November 2013:
    [img]http://i1305.photobucket.com/albums/s541/Linli_Anne/Weightloss and Toning/421ec9cf-8751-4f0e-87eb-364c958c25c4_zps823c2b33.jpg[/img]

Great progress!! Thank you for keeping me inspired :flowerforyou:
  • lauraspberry
    Options
    For what this is worth I noticed a big difference when I watched my sugar. I stayed around 25 grams a day and that did include fruit!! it's hard at first but you get use to it. Hope this helps... :wink:

I dont really eat much sugar and sodium but thanks for the info :flowerforyou:
  • lauraspberry
    Options
    Your pain is my pain OP! I started at 137 and have gotten to 121.5 (last weigh-in was yesterday). It seems like everything on me has shrunk... except my stomach/love handles! At this point, I'm probably going to have to set a new goal weight since I'm sure it's going to take more than another 3.5 pound loss to slim my midsection down.

And, yes, my midsection has gotten a little smaller, but it's the least changed and I'm still having a lot of problems with it.

Yeah that's what happened to me too from 143 to 130 lbs my tummy is still here I guess I have to go -10lbs more :(
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Log consistently and accurately (ie weigh your food).
    My before and after is in my pics. I am not that lean now, I didn't want to stay that way but you can get as lean as you want, it depends on how close you watch your diet.
  • lauraspberry
    Options
    OP, I feel your pain! I've been working hard, staying within my calories, even started strength training... And to me, my belly is just not going away. My legs are toned (I love wearing shorts now) and arms are getting there, but my tummy is just squishy. My measurements show that my midsection is getting smaller, and I can feel the muscles getting firmer underneath all the squishy fat. I also knew my belly fat would be the hardest fat for me to lose, since I've had a tummy since I was 13. Since I've had it the longest, it's taking the longest to lose.

Just need to stay motivated, determined, disciplined, and work my butt off (though squats have given me quite a nice booty now :laugh: .)

Yup we just gotta keep on pushing I guess :) you look great :):flowerforyou:
  • sierra_12
    sierra_12 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    bump (: