Ugh poundage

Options
I was dropping weight pretty steadily and now I'm stuck. I have to keep reminding myself that in the beginning it took a little while for me to start loosing.

What do you do to help boost weight loss?

Why can't the fat fairy come at night and just poof away all the chunk?

Replies

• LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Are you tracking all of your food? Using a food scale? Sticking to your calorie goal? How much exercise are you doing?

There are lots of questions that need to be answered before anyone will be able to provide you with advice. Can you make your diary public?
  • howardheilweil
    howardheilweil Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Not sure about the fat fairy, but as I've read many times and know from experience, weight loss is not always linear. I sometimes go for a month or more without losing, then will be down 3 pounds, etc... It appears that you have only been at this since October, so my recommendation is to be patient, log all of your food accurately and consistently and try to keep at at calorie deficit. You will lose weight that way. Good luck!
  • _Calypso_
    _Calypso_ Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    After you lose you need to reevaluate your calories in/calories out. As you lose weight, gain muscle, etc you need to make necessary adjustments. In addition, if you are doing the same exercises day in and day out you need to change things up there as well. Your body will get used to the routine and stop losing as quickly and can cause plataeus. Add some new exercises, up the intensity or take a week off. "shock the body" so to speak.
  • saralikn
    Options
    After you lose you need to reevaluate your calories in/calories out. As you lose weight, gain muscle, etc you need to make necessary adjustments. In addition, if you are doing the same exercises day in and day out you need to change things up there as well. Your body will get used to the routine and stop losing as quickly and can cause plataeus. Add some new exercises, up the intensity or take a week off. "shock the body" so to speak.

This.
  • rrosborne88
    Options
    I made my diary public. I measure out my food but do not use a food scale. That is my next buy. I don't log my exercise but I try to workout at least 3 times a week. I log everything I eat. I also plan my food for most of the day and log it in the morning so I can tweak it if I choose not to eat it.
  • rrosborne88
    Options
    I started at 1510 cals and now I'm at 1430 cals. The app lowered my cals after I lost ten pounds. I'm down 17lbs
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    How long did it take you to lose the 17lbs? How much had you been losing on average per week before you got stuck? How long have you been stuck?
  • rrosborne88
    Options
    It took me just a little over a month to loose 17 lbs. When I was stuck, I was maintaining my weight. When I was loosing I was averaging about 3-4 lbs a week.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    How long have you been "stuck"? 17lbs in a month is a huge, huge amount to lose. That's most of a year for me. If you haven't lost any weight in a month you may need to re-evaluate but if not I would just wait it out a bit. I typically maintain for a few weeks and then drop 2-3lbs. Maintain a few weeks, drop a few more pounds.
  • rrosborne88
    Options
    This will be my second week of maintaining my weight.